(NSFW) Fleshlight vs penetrable sex toy

AppleDash
Feather Freight - For Patreon supporters
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Purple Pega
I’d like to consider aliasing fleshlight into penetrable sex toy . Fleshlight is a brand of penetrable sex toy, but it has mostly turned into a generic term used to refer to any penetrable sex toy, both elsewhere and on Derpibooru. Right now, fleshlight implies penetrable sex toy. I’d like to make that a straight alias, and propose a new tag, such as fleshlight (brand) to refer to the actual Fleshlight-branded penetrable sex toys.

I will personally undertake the combing through and re-tagging of the images involved.

Thoughts?
GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@AppleDash  
The tag would need fixing but I don’t think it should be aliased / changed to fleshlight (brand). The fleshlight tag should get a custom description that specifically states the tag is only for the Fleshlight brand and nothing else, with a link to the penetrable sex toy tag so people know what they should tag instead.  
Part of why I’m against changing it to Fleshlight (brand) is because that would make the tag harder to find for people who want to tag it and aren’t exactly skilled at tag searching, plus most other (brand) tags are hardly used and when they are it’s only because their non-brand counterpart is used for something completely different, like “sprite (brand)” is the soda because “sprite” is used for game/app sprites. Fleshlight shouldn’t need to follow this as just the basic “fleshlight” tag is already meant for the fleshlight brand, it just needs to be reinforced.  
When users see the tag changes and the description they’ll know to stop tagging fleshlight on non-fleshlight toys which will solve this issue without turning it into an obscure tag.
AppleDash
Feather Freight - For Patreon supporters
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Purple Pega
@TheGlitchedWolf  
I would like your thoughts here to be true, and I’d love more input from others to see if this would actually happen like that, or if users would just ignore the new description and it would turn into a huge nightmare of constantly having to fix mistaggings. I’m open to doing it the way you propose, I’m just not sure if it will work or not.
GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
@AppleDash  
It’d be worth a try, worst case scenario is it doesn’t work and we just go with the alias instead.  
  • If someone constantly tags fleshlight wrong, you or someone else could dm them and tell them that fleshlight tag is for the brand.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

If we try reinforcing the brand definition of the “fleshlight” tag, would it be clear enough which images are actual Fleshlight products? Would there be enough images remaining to warrant a separate tag? These are genuine questions, since I don’t really know sex toys too well. If the answer to both of those questions are yes, then don’t alias and we can see if people read and understand the reinforced definition. I’m personally skeptical that they will, but if they don’t, it’s not a big deal and we can alias.
Background Pony #1B81
Am I off base to think of “fleshlight” as a tag like a genericized trademark, like “xerox”, for “imitation orifice on a tube”, whether from the brand or not (or even not an extant product/imaginary)? Distinct from others that are not a design that mimics something biological.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide