Background Pony #3A82
Having reviewed more tags, I have different suggestions:
[whichever is kept between garter straps and garter] imply-> garters
garter belt imply-> garters
garter belt leggings imply-> garters, leggings
thigh garters imply-> garters
all: imply-> clothes
First-draft tag definitions:
garter belt: A separate undergarment worn around the waist to provide an anchor point for garter straps/a garter.
thigh garters: A garment worn around the thigh to provide an anchor point for garter straps/a garter.
garter straps/garter: Piece of clothing that holds up socks or stockings like a suspender. Attaches to something else, such as a garter belt, leg garters, corset, panties, etc.
garter belt leggings: Informal/workout leggings with integrated garter belt-like support, as opposed to using separate pieces.
Note: if my interpretation is correct, a few images ought to be un-tagged due to not actually being garter belt leggings (NSFW): >>2595490 >>2558048 >>2470013 >>2243646
Brokedownandmadeone
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
garter =/= garters.
The singular use is the (usually) lacy garment around the thigh
garters/ garter straps is what’s seen holding up stockings, while the garter belt itself isn’t always seen.
EDIT: After looking it up, I think garter just never got tagged as wedding garter, so the different use of the initial garter tag just never changed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide