Is there a "passing the torch" tag?

Grieverokami

Likes Squishy Cheeks
This is my forst post so please bare with me.

I feel there should be a tag for heartwarming images where we have G4 characters passing the torch so to speak to G5 characters. like this one i guess full
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Uhm … maybe not that exact phrase, since the first thing I thought of when I saw the title was something like the Olympics. Which MLP has one of in canon.

So … G5->G4 or something like that?

Do we have something like this today for G1->G4?
Grieverokami

Likes Squishy Cheeks
@Ciaran  
Hey i didnt think of that. Or How bout “Passing the baton”?

Thing is i believe these phrases are well known enough that they deserve their own tag for things like this.

Thanks for the reply btw
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Grieverokami  
I don’t know if ‘passing the baton’ is a cultural metaphor that will work outside of a few countries … Starting to feel a little Archer Sterling here …

full

I mean, it IS a good idiom. But is it TOO idiom?

I really like this idea, and would be happy to help get the tag documented with a full description … but … let’s hear from a few other voices before nailing anything to the Church door.
Grieverokami

Likes Squishy Cheeks
@Ciaran  
Thats great. Things like you suggested like G5-G4 are a bit too specific i think. I feel like phrases can be applied to other things like Scootaloo Taking from Rainbow Dash, Luster Dawn from Twliligth Sparknle etc.

Your right it is worth discussing. i thouhgt it would make things easier.
Grieverokami

Likes Squishy Cheeks
@Ciaran  
Yeah somehting like that. I still think “passing the torch” is universal enough. At least from my part of the world anyway. But yeah if that helps. But now im speaking more broadly than just G4-G5.

Lets see what you guys decide. i look forward to it.
Grieverokami

Likes Squishy Cheeks
@Background Pony #825C  
That works? for characters passing the torch to a new generation. i like it!  
But then what about characters carrying on a legacy of other characters so to speak?

When you think about it MLP:FIM was all about legacy and “passing the torch”. To wit, Celestia-Twilight, Rainbow-Scootaloo(kinda) Twilight-Luster Dawn. You get the idea. So yeah im trying to define more broadly now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide