How did the "diabetes" tags for cute characters start?

FatalSe7en
Artist -

Humble Artist
(Feel free to move this if needed, staff. I don’t know where else to put it.)

How did the “diabetes” tags for cute characters come to be? What I mean by this is tags such as dashabetes, diapinkes, twiabetes, derpabetes, etc. This has confused me although I’ve rolled with it the entire time. I don’t necessarily need to know this, but I’ve just been itching to know why.
Background Pony #9E4A
I’m going to guess it has something to do with a long-standing internet meme where something super-cute induces diabetes. I want to say that meme spawned as an opposite to something horrible giving the reader cancer, but I’m uncertain.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@FatalSe7en  
Being a mod probably wouldn’t help this, I doubt it’s noted anywhere. Though, you can see on the “cute” tag page that “diasweetes” was one of the first tags to get the implication, if that helps.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the “dia-[name]” and “[name]-betes” tags in relation to this site (dunno why bring it up in this forum otherwise :p) but if you mean in general life, @Background Pony #63C6  
Is probably right in being an old internet thing.
Genki
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

SQUAWK!!!
If I had to say anything on this matter.

It’s like eating sweets. It’s delicious, but too much sweets can give you diabetes.

In this sense, if the character you like is just being so darn cute that you can’t handle it; if you clench your chest because you’re being overdramatic. Chances are you got hit with the case of your character giving you “Cute”abetes. Except replace that with the character’s name somehow

Smolder and Limestone Pie is so darn cute I HNNNNGGG  
And that would be “diabetes” because I am dying of cuteness overload.

I believe it relates to this meme as an origin, but people may have forgotten it long ago

(this is the original, but I couldn’t find the one where he HNNNGs because of Cute little sister meme or something)

full
Blackie Wiremane
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Kody's dark side
Totally looks like “[the character is] too sweet”. Sometimes they mention sugar coma.  
Interesting, can somepony end up tagging an actual disease with this tag, and does this one need a description?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide