General topic for character tag categorization

LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Toastypk
Yeah I have the g5 ones in another thread, but the general issues:
-Bog standard names that dont reflect what people actually call the ships
-Confusing naming inconsistencies, like why does every sunny ship have sunny in the name except sunny x izzy (which is called izzyscout?), and its confusing to remember which name comes first, cuz if u get something in the wrong order then you wont get the results
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Yeah, im honestly tempted to repost the suggestion thing here, but its so big that Ill wait for perm to do that lol, dont wanna post a text wall
Posted Report
Dogman15
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
I believe we’re overdue to add Cupid, since he’s an official TFH character.
Has been for a while, but this latest image of his most recent design clinches it.
Oh, and while you’re at it, Vetr too; he’s Stronghoof’s Winter Sprite.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
Proposal: all R63’d characters (e.g. Dusk Shine) get put into the characters category. If Ponybooru can put all their hard work into it, then so can this booru.
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Blissful690
I’ve actually had a thing about this- it makes sense, but they’re not quite characters, just character variations. Things like the R63 names, Flutterbat, or Evil Pie Hating Rainbow Dash, I almost think they need a new category of tag. Character variations or something.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@Blissful690
I’ve actually had a thing about this- it makes sense, but they’re not quite characters, just character variations. Things like the R63 names, Flutterbat, or Evil Pie Hating Rainbow Dash, I almost think they need a new category of tag. Character variations or something.
Maybe make those red tags? I don’t believe we have any red tags yet so it might be possible :)
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #083D
Wrong thread, ask here or make a topic.
@Blissful690
@Toastypk
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Having Rule 63 and the like be colored as the same as actual characters would not be likely to happen here, I’d say it defeats the purpose of having a distinct color for character tags (as in: this identifies them as an actual character in the series)
Honestly even separate colors for variations is a lot, especially if it is indeed lenient enough to include things like flutterbat. There are like, a lot of character variants, and I don’t know how the positives would outweigh the negatives.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@Background Pony #083D
Wrong thread, ask here or make a topic.
@Blissful690
@Toastypk
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Having Rule 63 and the like be colored as the same as actual characters would not be likely to happen here, I’d say it defeats the purpose of having a distinct color for character tags (as in: this identifies them as an actual character in the series)
Honestly even separate colors for variations is a lot, especially if it is indeed lenient enough to include things like flutterbat. There are like, a lot of character variants, and I don’t know how the positives would outweigh the negatives.
I guess they probably shouldn’t then, would take a lot of time to recolor those tags. Thanks for input :)
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
It’s not even necessarily that it would be a lot of work (although it likely would) I just don’t see much positive in doing so relative to that work. We’d really just end up with a bunch of alternately colored tags that wouldn’t really be much more useful for organization than they were beforehand. I mean, if anyone has any compelling reasons it would be useful feel free to offer them, I just don’t see it.
Could ask in the General Thread where more staff see, I suppose. Were it to happen it’d need dev support anyway.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
So I found a possibly unlabeled character tag.
The purple earth pony with the glasses is named Lavender Taffy according to the tags.
This seems to have gotten “decided” on this image with other background ponies, possibly the place where Onyx’s original fan name Gloomy Sonnet came from.
>>2711526
But is that enough? Or should she go to the naming background ponies thread?
WojTek-ツ
Artist -

NLR Enthusiast
I don’t want to sound rude…
But I think this particular image has some A.I vibes and doesn’t have the tags added, i don’t have proof but neither have doubts.
Correct me if I’m mistaken because I want to add the tags.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
@WojTek-ツ
Nothing outwardly says that it’s AI made to me, though it’s just weird that on Furaffinity this is his only submission.
Plus this wouldn’t be the thread for this. This is for finding characters who should have the blue character label but don’t yet.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide