General Tag Discussion

Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Dragonpone
As noted by Saby this leaves a lot of confusion to the casual or new users of the site.
I don’t disagree. I’d prefer it be changed.
There’s no implication that “horsecock” is in any way accurate to the anatomy. It’s like having a tag “horsepussy” imply an anatomically correct mare. Frankly I do not see why the combination of the “female” and “anatomically correct” tags will not serve the same purpose as just “anatomically correct”. It would then allow for the combination of “anatomically correct” and “male” tags.
I do however disagree that of the two tag names, horsecock is the one of issue. “Horsecock” is exactly what is says on the tin, the cock of a horse (variety in art-style notwithstanding).
It’s anatomically correct I’d like to be changed, the name that is far more vague and generic, to the extent that people (understandably) assume it is to be used as the opposite of anatomically incorrect.
Dragonpone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@saby
If I’m understanding you correctly, that’d still be the correct use.
It’s the penis that has to be equine, not necessarily the character it is attached to.
Spike with a horse penis is still tagged horsecock. Shining Armor with a human penis is not.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
For whatever reason I was under the impression that “anatomically correct” was reserved for marecunt on equines.
The cognitive load this tag puts on me is officially on unfunny levels.
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@LightningBolt
Then the tag definitely needs renamed if a horse vagina on human image gets an anatomically correct tag. That’s just inviting a helpful anon who takes things at face value to unintentionally start a tagging war.
Background Pony #C311
I’d like to make a tag for images like this, now that there are several:
>>3287285
>>3287291
>>3295188
>>3295189
>>3316851
>>3316853
>>3328101
>>3369655
My first thought is queen chrysalis gestating live young with her translucent womb, but that’s absurdly long. I’d like some help. One idea that occurs to me, based on a comment someone left, is something like chrysalis of live young, since these images make Chrysalis’ name much more literal.
What do you think?
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #C311
Please warn when posting links to explicit images.
Also I wouldn’t put Chrysalis’ name in the tag, since there might exist (now or in the future) similar art of a different character.
Background Pony #C311
Please warn when posting links to explicit images.
Sorry.
Also I wouldn’t put Chrysalis’ name in the tag, since there might exist (now or in the future) similar art of a different character.
I guess that’s true. I never considered it, but someone has mentioned getting similar artwork with Ocellus. That just makes coming up with a name harder, though.
Hey, I’m reminded of Weird Al Yankovic’s song I Think I’m A Clone Now, and perhaps this tag name using lyrics from the song would work: womb with a view
cdpaliden
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Alright, an old man stumbling into the forums. What’s the point of the tag ai content? Is it supposed to be an umbrella term for ai generated and ai assisted? Because looking at it, I’m not sure WHY we need it.
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #C311
Each of those samples is stated to be related to a fanfic titled “From Love to Changelings” - so, a tag fanfic:from love to changelings seems like the appropriate identifier.
I don’t see the need for a dedicated tag for the concept otherwise, as the relation to that fanfic sufficiently fills the purpose of identifying a commissioner’s special interest, the same way eg. twilight getting tentacled in space does - and the simultaneous presence of tags transparent belly and hyper pregnancy takes care of identifying the concept in other cases.
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@Algebroot Neogears
When I’m adding the G4 tag and am unsure if it would be tagged on a particular image, I convert the situation to the context of any other Generation, and see if it would apply:
Would I add G1 for a G1 character? Would I add it for G1 shows and comics? G1 art syles? Meta G1 topics? G1 settings?
That answer for these has traditionally been “yes”, so I add the same for G4. So if an OC is drawn in one of the G4 art styles, I add the g4 tag.
For the images of OCs that don’t have G4 specific art styles or relations, a fair amount of those have been tagged by the uploader/artist themselves so I can’t speak to their exact reasoning. That said, I assume they’re simply a G4 OC, in the same way that we have g* oc tags for characters in other Generations even if not explicitly drawn in show-accurate styles.
(see: >>3309416, >>3314797, >>3247690)
Background Pony #C311
@Background Pony #52BA
Perhaps both tag ideas could be used. The fanfic tag wouldn’t apply to this image, as an example:
>>604747
I think I’ll go through and tag with both tags as appropriate, but I’ll wait for further discussion. The womb with a view tag should probably get a short description, which I can write.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Random thought: does that one scene from Blade Runner 2049 warrant its own tag? There’s plenty of images of it, but they’re already most of the pics under the BR2049 tag. you look lonely… i can fix that. has two images but is kinda verbose, and you look lonely (my preference) was created and then immediately removed. If the tag gets made, should imply BR2049 and probably meme.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide