General Tag Discussion

🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
There’s a whole mess of human on kirin tags on >>1819025 (NSFW, obviously). “Human”, “human male”, “mare”, “kirin” all going every which way. Some of these tags may be technically accurate but limited in utility b/c they’re only on 20 images while others are less precise but are useful for curating watch/hide lists due to being used 4k+ times.
I’d bet the “human on pony action” and “pony on human” are both legacies from when ponies were pretty much the only species worth posting about. Perhaps they should be broken into “dominant species” for the species before the “on” and “receptive species” for the receptive partner, but that seems like a lot of work.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
Would prefer a scheme of “$SPECIES on top” and “$SPECIES on bottom” or “$SPECIES top” and “$SPECIES bottom” (or something to that effect) because as BDSM friends will emerge to explain, domming and subbing may often correlate with, but do not inherently mirror, topping and bottoming.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@Background Pony #78AA
@Background Pony #0299
@LightningBolt
Meant to post this way earlier, but anyway…
Alright, I understand that it might be difficult to implement a system that prohibits putting dual duo/trio etc. tags on safe images (like is done with solo female, etc.), even though it’s what I’d personally prefer for consistency’s sake.
Could there at least be a note put on the tag guidelines page, stating that the prohibition only applies to the dual solo tags (as well as the fe/males only), and that it’s fine to put, say, “duo female” on a safe image? I only ask because I assumed that the prohibition applied to all dual tags, and for a little bit, was removing the “duo female” tag (since that was the most common) from any safe images I found it on, until I was alerted to this.
I mean, I’m still not going to add those tags (i.e. duo female) to safe images, because I still don’t agree with the policy, but I 100% respect it and have not removed any that I’ve seen since being alerted to me being mistaken.
Background Pony #7C7A
@LightningBolt
It’s surprising that “solo female” is NSFW-only, while “duo female” is perfectly safe. I assumed the latter is not safe and only ever tagged “duo”. Since this is counterintuitive, I agree that it should be better documented.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #7C7A
Once again, because of legacy and a long long history that actually started with solo male for the purposes of finding stuff like that back on Ponibooru when images barely had any tags at all, it carried over onto here where I populated the opposing solo female to match and before complex filtering was a thing. Changing those tags now would be a little more of a pain as so many people use them for filtering and its a quick shorthand for all of the filters and watchlists. It would be better in their case to some day rename them into something more obvious what they are for as opposed to just changing their usage as it will mean thousands of filters are now blocking out perfectly innocent images.
It also won’t make people tag female any better but I can hope.
Background Pony #7C7A
@LightningBolt
The correct usage should be documented in tag descriptions. For example, the solo male/female tags should mention that the restriction does not cover duo x/trio x. The duo x/trio x should say that they can be used for any image, but solo x should not be used on safe images.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@LightningBolt
Oh, they didn’t? Sorry, I assumed that, based on what the BP’s were saying before, they had been. I apologize for that assumption.
@Background Pony #7C7A
Precisely this - I’m not arguing for the policy to be changed (though I would like it if it happened) - I’m just arguing for better documentation, either on the tag guidelines page or in the tag descriptions themselves (though both would be preferable).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide