General Tag Discussion

Markiz93
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Proud of being Polish
So when tags of the newest Tell Your Tale episode and 8 episodes of Make Your Mark will be collored yellow?
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
For parts taken from larger images, we have the cropped tag. But what’s the tag for a part of an animation or video? Not a 2D part, but a time part, kinda like a scene. When someone uploads e.g. few seconds of a longer video. Example: >>2960352
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
I don’t think there is one. Uploading short segments of video is the status quo; uploading entire features wasn’t even possible before the site gained WEBM and larger file size limits.
When the particular timing is important, some other tags like out of context, looped/perfect loop, etc. can be enlightening.
If you think it would be important to have a tag for less-than-whole-feature animations (which would apply to nearly all of the ~42,000 animated screencap uploads), something like clip, clipped, or trimmed comes to mind.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
I see some images tagged rating that I have no idea why they’d have gotten that tag. Does it mean something different in other languages? Is there another tag that it could have been a typo for, or accidentally auto-completed from? I’m asking for the purposes of not just removing the tag where it doesn’t apply, but maybe adding whatever tag it should have been instead.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
It seems that it has multiple meanings:
  • Rating scale like 7/10 or smiling face on a scale from frowning face to smiling face. Includes tier lists and other rankings.
  • Content rating like M for mature or the TV Y sign.
  • Perhaps some vague definition of NSFW? Maybe it’s an artifact of people uploading art from sites that have tags like rating:something.
  • On some images it seems to be randomly added.
Posted Report
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
The tag machine learning assisted is defined here as “works partially generated with machine learning”. Would this include pictures where the artist completely redrew an AI generated picture in their own style, just using the AI picture as a reference?
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Brainless-Mind
IDK, many of the pictures simply show NM with no hint that she’s “good” or “nice” other than smiling or having a neutral face expression.
I watch it for the plot” is supposed to be about the “i watch it for the plot” meme, as opposed to random butts. But I see it’s already being misapplied on random butts.
@Brainless-Mind
Please provide examples of images where it’s unclear if these tags apply.
@radpanic
I would say yes and I think there were more such images under the machine learning assisted tag, but it seems this tag was removed from many of them. Related tags are: redraw for redrawn pictures in general and the neuredraw tag which seems to be specifically for AI.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Brainless-Mind
The first of your examples is wrong, it depicts injured Rarity.
I’d say “cuffs” is for restraint devices and “cuffs (clothing)” is for clothes, so the armor/jewelry/bracelet/vambrace thingies of anthro princesses would probably need their own tag.
“Wrist cuffs” and “ankle cuffs” seem to be a mishmash of everything that’s located on wrists and ankles, respectively.
Posted Report
Background Pony #52BA
@Brainless-Mind
Copy-pasting my reply from the other thread:
nicemare moon is a tag for Nightmare Moon showing a pleasant personality or demeanor, as opposed to the character’s usual evil, tyrannical and stern personality.
To determine if an image qualifies is a bit subjective, especially when her demeanor is close to neutral. Some examples of themes that are likely, but not 100%, to indicate an image might qualify: non-evil smiling, not wearing her armor, blushing/cuddling/being affectionate, engaging in mundane everyday activities.
@Brainless-Mind
I have a thread (with no replies) with a bunch of questions about “cuffs” tags, too.
@Algebroot Neogears
Because for ~7 years, the site’s focus was MLP:FiM, thus considering it the default topic, and any other gen was the exception (and it still says it is on the “about” page).
Perhaps changing it would be good, though. Start a thread to propose it?
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
I thought it was decently hashed-out when you asked about these previously? Anyway, IMO, “X focus” tags are about that feature being overwhelmingly the point of interest of the image, mostly due to taking up most of the area of the image, but there could be other ways it’s valid, too. “I watch it for the plot” is either for the presence of that phrase as a meme in the image, or for screencaps or redraws/“scene interpretation”s with more-than-incidental presence of a butt. There’ll be images where both apply but they mean different things. I had a reading comprehension issue.
@radpanic
Maybe it should be, but so far, I’ve seen those tagged as machine learning generated, redraw. I’d welcome discussion in my thread about tags for AI generated images.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@radpanic
“Referencing” is a bit vague here. There’s people who use the word to refer to any minor detail that has been informed by a study of a reference, whose images may refer to dozens upon dozens of different references. Then there’s other people who mean “free-hand faithful recreation” or “close study”.
If it’s a full recreation of the original MLG image, “machine learning generated”, “redraw” seems perfectly reasonable. If an MLG image has been used as a basis for a redraw image that includes marked differences to the original (including stylistic), “machine learning assisted” seems appropriate. Same goes for marked changes made by editing the original.
And last, in my personal opinion, if a MLG image has been used to inform some aspects of an image, these aspects have been recreated by an artist in their own hand, and these recreated MLG aspects comprise less than, say, a fifth of the image’s contents, I’d consider it fair to omit “machine learning assisted”. Personally I think it doesn’t matter if, say, a tricky pose is drawn using a photo, or a MLG image reference, or by posing a 3D object created by a third party. As long as the resulting artwork only uses any single reference de minimis, it satisfies copyright law in most countries, and it satisfies my personal sensibilities.
Posted Report
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@yelling_into_the_void
The same way you search, except in the filters it’s kinda flipped: you’re entering keywords that must not show up, so
derpy hooves,spider-man (whatever the correct spelling is) will block what has both and will show the rest.
If you entered derpy hooves,-spider-man you’ll block Derpy Hooves if Spider-Man ain’t there.
It’s 0500am and I haven’t tested, but I think that’s how it went …
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide