General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #0299
@TheGamerPainter
One: we’re not Ponybooru, and two: no they don’t. From the link you just provided, Gallus’ tag over there doesn’t imply any other tags.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Some relevant points brought up in that thread:
  1. Where is the line between alternate character interpretation and alternate character design`?
  2. Can we please have a general tag for ai generated art?
  3. We should have an ai: prefix that is treated like the existing artist: prefix.
  4. artist: tags on AI art should be for artists who gave specific prompts to the AI but not on auto-generated images like those of This Pony Does Not Exist.
Further thoughts?
Background Pony #52BA
  1. Where is the line between alternate character interpretation and alternate character design?
I hadn’t even heard of those tags until just now.
75% of posts using “alternate character design” are for user Princess_Fluttershy’s OCs, leaving just 20 - so it seems redundant with alternate design and IMO should be aliased.
alternate character interpretation, with 43 posts not counting your set, isn’t well-established. Going by the words and the few images that have it, IMO it signifies different ideas for charaters’ roles, personalities, etc. which may or may not be visual - significantly overlapping “AU” and “headcanon”, but possibly distinct by applying to images that are just a one-shot and not part of a larger concept held by the artist. Things like “tyrant celestia” or “gamer luna” might fit, if the tag is even worth keeping.
(I wouldn’t use it on your image set.)
  1. Can we please have a general tag for ai generated art?
Presently, there are:
  • machine learning (which also applies to the topic of machine learning, not just the results),
  • neural network which is already implied by artist:thisponydoesnotexist (I am not an expert, but aren’t there other kinds of “ai” than neural networks?),
  • and computer generated which looks like the closest fit but I don’t think it’s worded precisely enough.
    • By the way, it seems that there was a pony AI developed and run under the tag artist:aerial - most of the posts tagged “computer generated” are from that, but not every “artist:aerial” post has been tagged “computer generated”
  1. We should have an ai: prefix that is treated like the existing artist: prefix.
Disagree, as I posted to your other thread. I think of it in the same way as tools or medium, like “ink drawing” or “source filmmaker”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide