General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@Brainless-Mind  
@Meanlucario  
Many of the shipping tags imply a sexuality, such as lesbian. I have to assume this is because they’re frequently overlooked. But per the tag description for lesbian, indeed it should not be applied to depictions involving futa. Unfortunately, this means that after submitting/adding such a ship tag, a user would have to go back and remove the incorrect sexuality tag in a 2nd step.
Background Pony #52BA
@Rainboom Dash  
A report would get it to the attention of moderators faster, which is doubly useful for something high-exposure like the featured image.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Rainboom Dash & @saby & @Ciaran

Ok, confirmed to be an almost line-for-line trace.

Just adding the trace tag really doesn’t help with these situations. This is our workflow for these kinds of situations. Sometimes the traced image is fine and not a problem to host. Other times it can really be a big problem.

In this case the original artist has a “With Permission Only” DNP and also the image is an edit to change the characters in the image (in this case to replace Fluttershy with an OC) - both of these things are against Rule #1 so the image has been deleted.

In the future, if you think something is an edit and you have a source image that it was traced from, please report it so we can deal with the image - whether that means we have to talk to the artists involved to find out what they would like done, or otherwise making it ok for us to host by making sure the tags are correct for each artist’s preferences for derivative art, or deleting it.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

funny could also be drowned in a spittoon as long as we’re killing useless tags; in my 97 years here I have never once seen it on an image which had even a femtogram of comedy in it whatsoever.
Background Pony #52BA
@saby  
AFAIK tags with fewer than 4 images won’t be suggested by autocompletion, and in tag searches it will be seen that it has 0 images. Also note that it has been unused for 7 years just the way it is.

Should traditional art that has been “scanned” with a camera be tagged with photo? If not, what sort of guideline for how much “signs of physical reality” makes the difference?

IMO:  

I would not call this a photo.

Although slightly affected by paper flatness/lens distortion, it’s clearly just to digitize a drawing. I would not call this a photo.

The image quality is affected by being taken by camera, but not so much that I’d call it a photo.

Uneven lighting and presence of a shadow affect the image, but it’s a grayscale (pencil) art piece and it’s still pretty clear. I wouldn’t call this a photo.

The image is strongly affected by lighting but as above the main subject is a pencil drawing that can still be clearly appreciated so I wouldn’t call it a photo.

Borderline. It’s also clearly just to digitize a drawing but it is difficult to ignore the impact on image quality.

Borderline. The non-art areas of the image are unimportant and can be ignored…mostly…

Borderline. Without any tilt and the relative subtlety of included real objects, I would not call this a photo.

As above, but I think I’d lean to “photo” because the art piece is not fully visible.

Borderline. I’m leaning to tip the coin-flip to “photo” just because of the artist’s comment indicating that the picture is to show how they’ve been working, not the work itself.

Thoughts?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

@Background Pony #52BA  
None of those should have the photo tag; all of them should have the traditional art tag. A photo should have the photograph be the intended final result itself, not a photograph as the means used to present a physical media drawing without using a scanner.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Should ‘jacko challenge’ imply ’face down ass up’? They’re essentially the same, just with an extra tag for those intent on drawing it for said challenge.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide