General Tag Discussion

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Something needs to be done about the “o” tag (which I am pretty sure is meant for the shape/letter).

According to the Tag Changes, at least a few users seem to have mistakenly used it under the assumption it is under the same definition as the “:o” tag (used for the face). Even site staff made the same mistake (and then undone immediately after) a few years ago!
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

NSFW question.

Is there a tag for a character wearing nothing but panties, like there’s shoes only for shoes? Didn’t find anything when I looked at the panties wildcard.

Please and thank you.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Roseluck

||A search for “panties, topless” would return the results you’re looking for. Though it also gives some irrelevant results where the character is wearing some other article of clothing but her panties are still visible (like pics with upskirt shots, or very low-cut pants). So a “panties only” tag, or something to that effect, might still be useful.

I don’t see such a tag on any of the pics from the “panties, topless” search. Nor do I see anything useful from a search for all the tags with the word panties. ||
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@radpanic  
AFAIK a pony or other quadruped wearing panties and nothing else would not warrant ‘topless’. So not a working search for all body plans.
Background Pony #52BA
@Roseluck  
TIL about “shoes only”. Although, it’s not used the same way as “butt only”, rather it seems to be “no clothes except shoes”…or maybe, less strictly “topless and bottomless with shoes”. Which is my question: what disqualifies “shoes only” - hats? Gloves? Socks? Stockings? Scarfs? Capes? etc.  
These (NSFW) >>2637103 >>2575283 >>2624153 >>2463226 are tagged with it and I’m not sure they should be.
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA  
Would be great if content tags could have classes and those classes were searchable, and implications could be used in searches, so particular users could search for stuff like

“nudity, NOT clothes:(NOT implies!shoes)” for images with nudity and no clothes-class tags that are not the tag “shoes” or a tag that imples “shoes” i.e. pictures with nudity and most any type of shoes, and no other clothes-class tags at all. (This example expects an inclusive implies!, assuming most use cases would prefer to have both plain “shoes” and implied “shoes” results. Exclusions could be easily done by expecting the implied tag on its own, as in “imples!shoes, NOT shoes”.)
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@radpanic  
Your link’s what I meant by looking at the wildcard.

Didn’t mean this from a browsing point of view. Actually barely browse the site (but thanks for the tip for when I do). Was looking at this as an uploader. May draw some pictures of EQG Rainbow wearing nothing but panties and thought that’d be a relevant tag.

Surprised there’s nothing like panties only. Especially after something like ten years? Feels like something that people would look for.

Would like some staff input on this. Since I won’t actually create that tag if/when I upload those pics.

Thanks!

@Background Pony #52BA  
Last one’s definitely not shoes only because Spitfire is wearing a bikini plus shoes.

Don’t know about the others. Feel that the difference is clothes versus accessory. Hats and scarves are accessories to me, socks and stockings are clothes, not sure about gloves and capes.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Roseluck  
And stuff like helmets and harnesses and holsters are equipment/gear, making a third category for wearables. Capes would be accessories, cloaks would be clothes, and whether gloves are accessories, clothing, or equimpent, would depend on their type and primary function (opera gloves or nice “walking suit” gloves: accessories/mittens and thick gloves: clothes/ smith’s mitts or sawyer’s gloves: equipment)…
Brainless-Mind

@Roseluck

Part of a Set? Yes.

Alternate Version? I’m not sure.

Anthro, Plantigrade Anthro and Human? At the present time, no. The only tag in that category that currently fits is Equestria Girls.
Background Pony #52BA
@Roseluck  
Same poses, same outfits (except colors): alternate character which also implies “alternate version”

For consideration:  
multiple variants - not sure if this ought to be used; it feels more applicable when it’s for the same picture/character with details interchanged and there’s more than like 2 or 3 alternates
Brainless-Mind

@Brainless-Mind

Along with my previous inquiries (^) another tag that I have been trying to bring up to speed is the tail hole.

In most of the art I have placed under it, there is either an obvious hole in the clothing where the tail goes through it or it is notable that a hole is there on closer inspection.

Have I been using it correctly?  
Could this tag also be used for instances where a hole isn’t obvious but the tail appears to protrude through the clothing?
Background Pony #F935
Why the OC Air Liner tends to be tagged as Boeing 737? Air Liner is most likely a Boeing 747. (737 are twin-engined, 747 are four-engined, Air Liner is a four-engined plone)

@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬

Ah okay, thanks! And also thank you very much for the quick reply.
Background Pony #03FB
Hello Dear Mods & Admins of Derpibooru how are you doing?  
I am wondering, could we please change the name of Purple Frizz to Magenta Williams, the reason being that she so very much looks like she could be the Mother of EQG’s version of Megan Williams?  
By any means please tell me if you think this is a good idea or not. Regardless of the outcome, i want to wish you all a very nice day.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide