General Tag Discussion

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #52BA  
Feels counter-intuitive to me too but for another reason. Spanking is a continued action while a butt slap is punctual. Hitting someone repeatedly versus just once (or twice).

This picture’s certainly a butt slap and definitely not spanking for instance. At least not the “discipline” (or fetish) definition.

A distinction between the two apparently can be made by adding (or NOT-ing) slap to spanking but this feels like a weird step to have.

(And then there’s Rainbow Dash’s paddle …)
Background Pony #52BA
converse … actually a specific type/brand of sneakers from the looks of it?
Yes.

1. Does this count as reasonably sized breasts ? Is it even a useful tag?
Dunno if it applies to your picture, but as for usefulness, more than a few people are tagging it so I guess so. Personally, I’m disappointed “medium breasts” was aliased into it instead of the other way around, mostly because I hate “reasonable” as an adjective.

1. Random, but I just found out that blowjob implies nudity … Should that be the case? Just on the current latest page for blowjob,clothed sex, there’s (explicit links) three definitely fully-clothed blowjobs
“blowjob” implies “penis” which implies “nudity”. If a penis is visible, there’s nudity. There could be uncommon situations where there’s a blowjob and no penis is visible, like it’s obscured by the angle or they are doing so through one’s underwear, but tags added by implications can be removed after they are initially added and for some implications, they are set up because it’s more important to never miss them when they might apply than for them to never be added when they don’t apply.

(I’m surprised “partial nudity” and “complete nudity” don’t imply “nudity”.)
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #52BA  
That sounds nice and all, but in practice, “spanking” was on all of those things, with “butt slap” being tagged haphazardly too on images where there weren’t multiple hits.  
If anything, “butt slap” would become the new umbrella tag, and spanking would be a subset where it’s a repeating action.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@LightningBolt  
Okay, good to know!

Now that I think of it, maybe I should have put more attention on the post I mentioned on something that actually does look like something’s wrong and not just “I’m confused”…  
@Algebroot Neogears  
cutie mark on clothes implies cutie mark. Cutie mark on clothes is used by many when the character’s pony counterpart’s cutie mark is on said character’s clothes, but the tag cutie mark has this description:
Detailed description:
This tag should be used when a Cutie Mark is a major focus of an image. Either as the background or is significant to the picture.
Not to be used just because it happens to exist in the image.
Examples:
>>2079626s (merged)
There’s nothing in cutie mark on clothes suggesting what it’s intended to be for. Something should be done about this.
I see a mass amount of images tagged under cutie mark on clothes that don’t seem to have a cutie mark as a major focus.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #52BA  
Thanks for the answers! Made me realize I’d mistaken nudity to always mean complete nudity rather than the whole range. Explains why nipples implied it on my picture too.

Personally, I’m disappointed “medium breasts” was aliased into it instead of the other way around, mostly because I hate “reasonable” as an adjective.

Makes sense to me, because I feel like that tag exists solely in opposition to the big breasts ones rather than just being a size tag of its own (where medium breasts would indeed be the right choice). So that you type only one tag in the searchbox instead of NOT-ing big breasts along with every busty character tag you can think of because none of them imply it.

That’s my assumption at least. And now I understand why reasonably sized breasts is useful.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #52BA  
Some people are rather sensitive and treat the -buse tags as a way to filter what they think goes a little too far on showing their favorite character being treated badly, instead of a more rigorous standard that’s supposed to be used.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬
I’d suggest trying to fit “dracon-” in it since otherwise it’s ambiguous if it’s just part dragon…
…is what I was about to say until I remembered dracony is the tag for dragon+pony. Now I don’t know what to think.
It’s also strange that there doesn’t seem to be a tag for draconequus+pony, since that’s quite a common hybrid.

Thanks. That is interesting that one doesn’t exist though. :o

I really like the concept. :D
Background Pony #03FB
Dear Mods & Admins of Derpibooru, how are you doing today?  
I have a question, what do think of adding this tag into the mix, the tag in question being twinbreeding a tag that is used when (twins & just twins) are engaged in the act of inbreeding? I will look forward to your awnsers & i wanna wish you all a very nice day.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide