General Tag Discussion

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

The characters in Equestria Girls are, canonically, Human; aside from the aggravation of having to add tags to a bajillion images, is there any good reason not to just go with eqg human?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
Technically, on this site, “Humanized, EQG” is a thing. If EQG are already human how do you humanize them?

So, EQG are not, as far as this site is concerned, “Human”, as there are thousands of images where artists have imagined what the EQG characters would look like if they were humans.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
I find it interesting how the tags for multiple images make it evident people are having disagreements over whether Lightning Chill is a jaguar or a tiger.

Which in turn gives me a question: Should she be tagged as a tiger or a jaguar? I myself thought for sure she was a tiger.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
Pretty sure they refer to themselves as humans at least once.

Of course they are in their own world and all.

@Algebroot Neogears  
The thing is, nobody (at least very rarely) uploads things resembling actual IRL ponies here. Whereas humans in various drawn and photographed styles are here already. Gotta separate them.
Brainless-Mind

@Ciaran  
@TexasUberAlles

I’ve noticed this myself.

I first read it on the ‘humans’ page from the Friendship is Magic Wikia.

Contrarywise, I mentioned this subject on this thread before and it received some interesting replies. Here, in spite of what the wikia says, the characters in the Equestria Girls dimension are not human and should be marked with the ‘equestrian girls’ tag unless they are portrayed as standard human beings.

Personally, I find it rather odd.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score

I mean, it seems kindasorta super obvious they’re just Humans from a world where hominins got All The Colors instead of just earth tones; there’s absolutely nothing to suggest they’re anything else.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Brainless-Mind  
Changing it requires some careful moves and planning.

@Markiz93  
Eventually we’re gonna have the G4 tag on lots of images. It’s been a slowly creeping issue with things, that we started with only one gen to worry about, but now there’s basically 3.
Background Pony #52BA
Also I think a tag macro/micro should imply both macro and micro.
I’ve seen that tag and wondered what it was for. Is it a categorical tag for any content with macro or micro, like an intensified “size difference” tag? If so, then the implication ought to be the other way around (but it’s kind of pointless since macro || micro achieves the same searching and filtering purpose.)

Or, is it for when there’s no point of reference, so maybe it’s a normal size character and an abnormal size character but you can’t tell which way (without external context/knowing the characters)?

For that matter, what differentiates “tiny” from “micro”? IMO, it’s like the relation of “barefoot” to “foot fetish” or “open mouth” to “oral fixation”…a sense of “you can tell when you see it” that the content was thought up by someone rather more invested in the idea than usual.

(“giant” is already aliased to “macro” but “tiny”/“tiny ponies” is not for “micro”, and “pocket pony” implies nothing [maybe because it could be a normal pony in a giant’s pocket, IDK]…)
Background Pony #0299
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
Yes, they should aliased. The intent might have been for them to be different levels, but in practice they all get used together and the subject matter is too vague for people to be in agreement. Several redundant “next level cute” tags have already been aliased into weapons-grade cute for that reason, but then people just made new ones and started the problem all over again.

Personally speaking, I’d prefer we alias all of it to cute since we can’t seem to stop some overly-enthusiastic taggers from adding them to everything even mildly cute.

There should be some consideration for attempting to save “hnnng” because I believe it’s been misused over the years. My understanding is that it was supposed to be used for pictures that literally featured a heart attack from cuteness like this:  

The problem there is that it might be too far gone to save. Even if someone goes through and takes out all the examples that don’t feature a cuteness-enduced death, the same sort of people who derailed the tag in the first place will likely do so again.
Brainless-Mind

@Roseluck

Don’t apologize. From what I can tell, it’s a subject that has become rather confusing on this site.

I like to think that the bugs will be ironed out one day, but until then, we’ll have to sit tight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide