General Tag Discussion

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
sea pony uses paranthesis for its link to seapony (g4), causing it to instead link to an invalid page.

Also, if I am thinking about things correctly; I think seapony (g4) fits the description for the merpony tag:  
Aquatic dwelling ponies with at least two limbs, sometimes fish tails, fins, or all four legs. See Sea Pony for aquatic ponies which resemble seahorses.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Algebroot Neogears  
@Litrojia  
Litrojia’s proposition makes the most sense to me. Thanks for the answers.

Hopefully my last two questions before I finally get down to tagging Rainbow Dash screencaps;

1. Is that a dress shirt, a button-up shirt or a blouse here? It’s all the same chemise in French to me, and I see a lot of overlap across these three tags’ results.  
    It obviously calls for shirt, but I’d like to be more accurate if possible (and not unnecessary).

2. Is there a tag for wearing shorts over pants? I didn’t find any, despite looking separately for “short,” “over” and “pant” wildcards.  
    (There is a tag for shorts over shorts though, funnily enough. And another for shorts under skirt for that matter.)
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
@lincolnbrewsterfan

Yeah, broken record in here but Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut is the name of the plane.

And don’t worry, I’ve gotta admit tha looks like an artist signature XD.

Either way, which one do I have to use and which one do I delete? Because I’ve seen some tags that use the full name while some that only use a part of it in most defined plane ponies artwork, so I’m not sure which one would go.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Yeah, broken record in here but Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut is the name of the plane.
And don’t worry, I’ve gotta admit tha looks like an artist signature XD.
Either way, which one do I have to use and which one do I delete? Because I’ve seen some tags that use the full name while some that only use a part of it in most defined plane ponies artwork, so I’m not sure which one would go.

Probably just keep both for now. They should be aliased soon 🙂

Thanks 😄
Background Pony #0299
Do we still tag pony on semi-anthro images?

I thought not, same as anthro images, but I’m getting some push-back on an image and wanted to check. >>2606526
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
When is it okay to add "Gentle giant" tag on images? Because I’ve seen some examples and most of them are of giant ponies/characters that don’t harm anyone, for instance:

Which is tagged gentle giant, yet, if we follow that tag “guideline”, then those ones also fit in "Gentle giant" category, simply because the macro isn’t attacking anyone.

There’s no particular reason why that bunch of images are 3/4 plones, nope, not at all, I’m innocent, I swear.

Also, checking the “Gentle giant” tag, I’ve found out that there’s "Mega Zecora" tag and also a "Giant/Giantess/Macro Zecora" tag
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

I was (hopefully correctly) tagging some Rainbow Dash screencaps when I found this one.

Or more accurately, two tags on it: equestria girls rainbow dash and human dash. Just bringing them to attention, most likely to be removed. Even (or perhaps especially) with this talk I’ve read about of making separate tags for the characters of Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls.

I’m for it, for what it’s worth. I’d love to be able to watch only the latter’s Rainbow. Good luck with retroactively retagging everything if that pans out, incidentally. Even with the mods’ mass-tagging tools.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Knight of the Raven  
I find the tags not really necessary when other tags contribute 99% to getting you what you want. Yes it’s not 100% exact but there is no reason to add new tags for specific things like that JUST to weed out the few images it won’t match perfectly.

There is more important things to tag over that, and a search of eqg, rd is mostly accurate.
Background Pony #624E
Judging by the tag implications, the “Elements of Harmony” tag is only for images containing all six. If this is the case, that tag has a lot of cleanup to be done. I’ve done a dozen or so so far, but someone with mod tools could probably do it faster.
Background Pony #216C
@LightningBolt  
We already have the sci-twi tag for the human version of Twilight, and equestria girls, rainbow dash turns up images like these:

At the very least, we need an “EqG human” tag, since they’re excluded from being tagged as human. But character tags like “rainbow dash (equestria girls)” would also be helpful.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #216C  
-pony

Also not everything needs a tag and not every tag or search will be 100% 1:1 to what you want.

People need to learn this. Tag genders, tag species, tag character names, tag body types. Don’t waste people’s time making a tag to cover 100% of images of a topic instead of 99% that a simply crafted search will do. Will you miss stuff? Yes. Will you catch stuff you’re not looking for? Yes. That’s just how it is.

Please stop trying to make a new tag for every possible unique instance. It’s bad enough we have a billion cute and boob character specific tags.

PLUS the tag eqg rainbow dash wouldn’t even be 100% accurate anyway or easy to tag as you cannot always tell EQG RD from pony RD in fanart.

Enough of these specifics.
Background Pony #216C
Tag genders, tag species, tag character names, tag body types.

Then, as I said, we need a tag for whatever species the EqG humans are. The equestria girls tag is basically playing double duty as a yellow tag and an orange tag.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide