General Tag Discussion

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Algebroot Neogears  
Looking back, that Background Pony seems to have thought of something similar to, but more extreme than, my thought process: I was getting overzealous of thinking about naming every single thing to do with some series with “name/title (series)” when absolutely nothing shares the same name.

Now that I think of it, I was also being kind of oblivious.
Background Pony #F935
Would this be considered a missing accessory? Because Stellar Eclipse uses a Wheelchair, but Wheelchairs aren’t considered accessories I think.  

Also, why this is tagged fridge horror?  

Did any of the main six got stepped on or something? If so I think it warrants a “Bad End” tag
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Brainless-Mind  
IMO they should be considered plantigrade because the feet are essentially shaped like human (plantigrade) feet, and function like human (plantigrade) feet. A lot of the pictures seem to be traced (or closely referenced) off photos of humans with minimal change to the foot. An IRL human could duplicate the look by putting some duct tape on their toes.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Background Pony #F935  
I’m thinking yes on “missing accessory.” Stuff like glasses count as accessories, even if they’re a necessity and not just personal style.

As for the “fridge horror” thing, it’s just that the situation is more dire than the image lets on, since getting shrunk down isn’t a good fate.

@saby  
I second this. It’s been discussed a tiny bit with other staff since it was last brought up, so I can say that my opinion is not representative of staff as a whole. I said tag them as unguligrade last time, but honestly you’re probably better off tagging them as just “anthro” for now and ignoring the -grades.

@Brainless-Mind  
Yes. I merged them. In the future, if you think two images are the same, you can report a duplicate under the report button on image pages. Also, this isn’t really tag-related.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
There are tags that I’m not sure why they exist or are used:  
newborn filly  
when you’re a filly  
best filly  
fanfilly  
tough filly  
that is one troubled filly  
viricide filly  
catfilly  
death filly  
muffin the filly (same character as Dizzy Doo)  
practice filly  
rock hard filly  
save the filly  
super filly (misspelling of superfilly)  
transfilly  
unnamed filly  
mystery filly

Not sure if any of the other used tags are pointless, but these are the ones I can currently think of.

Sidenote: It wasn’t until now that I realized how few amount of races have tags for their younger versions. There are tags for, for example, earth ponies, seaponies, and crystal ponies; but there are none for, for example, unicorns, pegasi, kirin, or any original species despite there being plenty of images of filly versions of them. So I don’t get why they don’t exist.
Background Pony #8A36
Dear mods & admins of Derpibooru i have a question. Could you pertty please make these tags principal celestia, vice principal luna, dean cadance & alumnus shining armor have their tags changed from green into blue like the tag sci-twi is. It would be more easy to navigate the booru that way, best wishes this Background Pony & thank you for your time.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #F935  
One of the Mane Six, Princess Twilight Sparkle, almost got stepped on; even if you may need to squint to notice the minuscule speck of purple next to Celestia’s hoofprint.

Squint harder, and you’ll notice an ant thinner than a sheet of paper in that same hoofprint. Giving a good idea of what Twilight would have looked like if Celestia had stepped just a little bit more forward, a little more to the right…

Or, considering what her pose looks like to me, if Twilight hadn’t leaped out of the way in the nick of time.

So, yeah. Fridge horror.

@Litrojia  
@Knight of the Raven  
Bumping my query from last time, since the lack of reply gave me more time to think.

The description for nervous grin looks perfect to me.

The ones for forced smile and fake smile also look good. I thought about writing “A character is forced to smile by someone else” for the former versus “A character forces themselves to smile” for the latter, but then I remembered that, say, a conman’s smile is certainly fake but probably not forced. Not like Twilight’s were in the pictures I embedded, at any rate.

I’m still stumped on awkward smile though. More precisely, the “in an unnatural way” part of the description. I’d say the brainwashed Mane Five in Every Little Thing She Does smiled exactly like that, and I don’t think that qualifies as “awkward,” however fuzzy my own definition of the term may be.
Background Pony #7C7A
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
I don’t think these are blush lines.

Apparently some non-MLP characters have them too. Examples that I found:  
  • Ahri from League of Legends  
  • Miqo’te from Final Fantasy  
  • D.Va from Overwatch (though hers are different, triangular)
Background Pony #7C7A
@saby  
Ooh, so these are meant to be whiskers? That makes sense considering the cat-inspired appearance of the characters who have them.

EDIT: Though these are very similar, but don’t seem to mimic whiskers:  

Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide