General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #0299
I think I found another tag that should have been a gallery made by one person, or at least a redundant tag in light of similar tags:

Spankable Plot

We’ve already got a surplus of butt-related tags as it is and, to me, this tag feels like we’ve been here before. It doesn’t seem different from the ass was fat, dat butt, large/huge/impossibly large butt, and do she got the booty.
Background Pony #52BA
@Algebroot Neogears  
I wouldn’t say so. “reality ensues” IMO has to do with the subversion of cartoon nature or convenience and/or the resumption of disbelief, and “unicorn problems” and “horse problems” can be compatible either way.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Tarkan809  
I don’t see any problem with those tags. You’re free to add them if you want.

@Brainless-Mind  
@Brainless-Mind  
What I say isn’t gospel here, and this topic probably warrants further elaboration. Anyways, when I think of “plantigrade”, I think of creatures where their heels are typically on the ground when standing, and not whether they have feet or not. The site’s definition follows the latter definition, though between the site’s definitions for plantigrade (“human legs and feet”), unguligrade (“pony legs and hooves”), and digitigrade (“walk on their toes, with feet like a bird, cat, dragon, or similar”) there’s a lot that doesn’t fall under either.

Until then, I’d say go with unguligrade because much more of them are tagged as unguligrade than plantigrade.

@Algebroot Neogears  
Those should probably be merged.

@Background Pony #52BA  
Seconding this.

@Algebroot Neogears  
There’s a bit of a distinction that I can tell. With “earth pony problems”, the general implication seems to be things that unicorns or pegasi could do better, though that often includes the “human contraptions” that define horse problems.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Litrojia  
ohhhh boy

“unguligrade” should not be limited to pony feet (ungulates include way more species both even and odd toes)

and “plantigrade” should not be limited to human feet (since animals such as bears also are plantigrade)
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
The Meet the Ponies G3 miniseries is yellow-tagged, but none of its seven individual episodes are.

The titles of these episodes are:  
  1. Pinkie Pie “Party Party”  
  2. Rainbow Dash “Hat Fashion Party”  
  3. Starsong “Dance & Sing Party”  
  4. Toola Roola “Mixed-Up Painting Party”  
  5. Scootaloo “Outdoor Play Party”  
  6. Cheerilee “Pajama Party”  
  7. Sweetie Belle “New Cake Party”

But the Derpibooru tags used for them instead follow the (slightly different) format of:  
    Pinkie Pie’s Party Party (1 result)  
    Rainbow Dash’s Hat Fashion Party (1 result)  
    Starsong’s Dance & Sing Party (5 results)  
    Toola Roola’s Mixed Up Painting Party (1 result)  
    Scootaloo’s Outdoor Play Party (6 results)  
    Cheerilee’s Pajama Party (4 results)  
    Sweetie Belle’s New Cake Party (1 result)

There are also a few other non-yellow-tagged G3 episodes I’ve noticed, as well:  
    Greetings From Unicornia (45 results)  
    Pinkie Pie and the Ladybug Jamboree (25 results)  
    Waiting for the Winter Wishes Festival (37 results)
Background Pony #8A9D
What exactly is the difference between these aren't my glasses and prize on the eyes?
Background Pony #8A9D
The example image for pointy ponies doesn’t display properly because it points to an image that has been dupe-merged.
Background Pony #52BA
@Litrojia  
Since AFAIK tag descriptions don’t display in any form in the interface to add tags (especially the autocomplete suggestions), would it help for confusingly-similar tags to get aliased to a more verbose tag with the meaning built-in, such as pocket ponies (mobile app), tricorne (hat), bicorne (hat), like is done for homographs?

And maybe reverse the aliasing for pocket pony back to pony in a pocket.

@Background Pony #8A9D  
prize on the eyes for when the “prize” is touching the face and partially or completely covering one or more eye, these aren't my glasses when the “prize” is equally covering both* eyes in a manner approximating the way one wears glasses (across the nose). these aren't my glasses implies prize on the eyes so it’s a more specific situation of the latter.

*0, 1, and 3+ eyed creatures interpreted as best as possible.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Brainless-Mind  
As far as I can tell, “hoof feet” is supposed to be when an anthro has a mostly human foot with the toe part replaced with a simplified hoof. It would be irrelevant whether the anthro stands on the front of the foot (technically unguligrade even if it’s otherwise identical to a human standing on tiptoes) or on the entire foot.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
would it help for confusingly-similar tags to get aliased to a more verbose tag with the meaning built-in, such as pocket ponies (mobile app), tricorne (hat), bicorne (hat), like is done for homographs?
I don’t think that would be a good idea…

Because I imagine by doing so, it could result in this:  
minty (g3)
minty (i)
minty (ii)
minty (iii)
minty (iv)
minty (v)
minty (vi)
minty (vii)
minty (mcdonald’s toy)
minty (keychain)
minty (mexican)

I doubt the ability for Minty alone to have at least this many tags would be a good idea.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide