General Tag Discussion

Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
Should >>2529592 and >>2529593 (NSFW) be gallbar, gay, shipping or implied gallbar, implied gay, implied shipping? I was going to tag both with the implied tags before I noticed someone tagged the second one with the not-implied tags already.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@FliegerFaustToP47  
It would probably be best to ask in the forums. If you’re talking about the Derpi collab in particular, you can take it to the art help thread. Nobody will notice if you create a new tag to ask for it. You may as well just ask in the description at that point.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Sure, done. Keep in mind that direct alias and implication requests shouldn’t be posted to this thread.

@Yoshimon1  
I think that’s more than implied.
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears  
It’s probably because FIM is seen as the default, plus it’d be a lot of effort to add a tag like that to so many images. A few years ago, not many images were tagged “pony” for similar reasons, despite other species getting tagged more consistently. Maybe this is something that should be considered moving forward with G5 on the horizon.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
The link in the description for “oc:marina” that is supposed to go to “oc:marina (efnw)” links to an invalid page due to using parenthesis in its url.

And the links to both character tags in the description for the “cherry blossoms” tag both link to invalid pages, as both urls use parenthesis and at the same time also have severe copy/paste errors, linking to:  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/cherry+blossom+(g3)“g3”:/tags/cherry+blossom+(g3)”)”:/tags/cherry+blossom+(g3)  
All the errors in the links in the description for the “cherry blossoms” tag also carry over into both characters’ tag descriptions too.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Why does “official spoiler image” imply “spoilered image joke” when the official spoiler images are, y’know, official and not a joke?
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
And another thing, why do we have “las pegasus resident” as a tag when we don’t have tags like “ponyville resident”, “canterlot resident” and “manehattan resident”?
Background Pony #F935
I know one of the things Cartoon Logic implies would be, for instance, being fired off a cannon, hitting a brick wall with 250 mph speed, and just standing and saying “That was fun”. But in what other instances I need to add cartoon logic tag? Do safe fetish art like being eaten, stomped and other stuff also need to be tagged as Cartoon Logic? (Let’s be realistic, not many people would really survive that…)

On a side note, Pinkie antics can be tagged Cartoon Logic? As far as I am aware of, Pinkie it’s the personification of CL on the show.

@Background Pony #5B2C

I think you should kick that behind an spoiler.
Background Pony #1EED
There should be an umbrella tag for crotchboobikini and crotchbra. Maybe crotchboob fashion, to parallel the genital fashion tag?
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
And another thing, why do we have “las pegasus resident” as a tag when we don’t have tags like “ponyville resident”, “canterlot resident” and “manehattan resident”?

Also, how do we know that the ponies in question actually live on Las Pegasus?

Then again, they mostly appear in the Las Pegasus episodes, but they’re always present in Las Pegasus, so as of Friendship University, it’s safe to assume that they do live there.

It isn’t as clear with Ponyville, Canterlot and Cloudsdale, but it’s as clear with Manehattan as it is with Las Pegasus, so if Las Pegasus deserves a resident tag, so does Manehattan.

Somnambula has got such a tag, too, by the way.
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #F935  
Looks like it’s mostly in use for pictures where the bulge of a ponut is seen but there’s no detail for the opening itself. Hence the anus is implied, but not explicitly visible.
Algebroot Neogears
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Apparently, someone created a “minty (g3)” tag that currently has 16 results, and someone else created a “minty (g4)” tag that currently has 2 results… Not sure what to think of them, considering there already is a “minty” tag that covers all images of both her G3 and G4 versions.

On something tangentially related: the “minty (g1)” tag’s link in Minty’s tag description leads to an invalid page.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears  
Since it seems like one, maybe two people created the “minty (g3)” and “minty (g4)” tags on their own, I just nuked them. Applying new tags en masse like that without telling anyone is frowned upon, especially because it would mess with a system that’s worked well until now. Also, I slightly clarified the description on “minty” to mention that “minty (g1)” should be used instead for G1 Minty, as well as fixed the link.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide