General Tag Discussion

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Litrojia  
Even if “fairy filly (filly)” won’t sound vague (which it does), “rose (filly)” would definitely cause mass confusion. Both can be interpreted as alternate tags for younger versions of various MLP characters.

As for how the franchise is titled:  
The Filly franchise is kind of convoluted when it comes to naming (still can’t fully understand it). It has an oddity in that, from what I can tell, it is usually named only by section (“Filly Ballerina”, “Filly Wedding”, “Filly Princess”, “Filly Butterfly”, “Filly Unicorn”, “Filly Elves”, etc; with the most well-known obviously being “Filly Funtasia”). And then there’s this piece of information I have recently found early 2020 on the franchise’s wiki:  
Filly World (toy branding)
Filly World is the technical term used by various toy makers, sellers and advertisers, for when a playset, surprise egg, puzzle or other types of merchandise that involves the Filly toys, has only been branded merely as Filly. It also often indicates that the toyset in question borrows from multiple of Filly’s normally strict toy lines, but cases of one-line sets being branded as Filly has also occured.
I’m not sure on whether or not the name “Filly World” can be used for any tags, as it’s likely an unofficial name (even though it apparently did appear on one set). It’s also the name of the world within the franchise (Funtasia being a continent in it).
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Algebroot Neogears  
Leaving the tag names unchanged would probably be the simplest solution to that. Your solution with “filly (dracco)” makes more sense than making a new “filly world” tag, since as you note, there’s some ambiguity there. I’m still on the fence about setting “filly funtasia” to imply “filly (dracco)” though because it may be an unnecessary distinction.

@Background Pony #5B2C  
Do you need anything?
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Litrojia  
I’m now sure the best solution would just be for Filly Funtasia tags remaining as is. It can make things easier.

But thanks to some overtagging that gradually increased over time, there are currently tags also for Filly Princess, Filly Royale, Filly Ballerina%(currently empty)%, Filly Unicorn, Filly Elves, Filly Witchy (Dracco), and a lot of other Filly-related stuff too. Something needs to be done about those tags.
Background Pony #24E8
It seemed like a waste to make a separate thread for this mention, but I really feel the need to point it out.  
How was it that the tag igneousmarble was made, but the great tag marbleous wasn’t thought up, even though it was practically born for this moment? My disappointment is immense at the loss of a perfect incest tag pun.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
“high res” should be aliased to “high resolution”, in line with “absurd res” being aliased to “absurd resolution”, and “full body glory hole” should imply “glory hole”.
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears  
Alright, those tags clear things up a lot for me. Right now, most images in those tags are Filly Funtasia, but some images are for the non-Funtasia product lines. What I’m thinking about doing now is removing those tags from Filly Funtasia images, and then setting “filly funtasia” and these new tags to imply “filly (dracco)”. The species tag names can stay, but I can elaborate in the description that they apply to the Filly franchise as a whole. If there are any other relevant tags, let me know, but I think that covers everything. Does that work for you?

@Background Pony #52BA  
I went ahead and gave them yellow tags and implications. It’s a weird situation to me because shorts do get yellow tags, but Holidays Unwrapped was released all together. At the very least, those tags should’ve had implications.

@Tarkan809  
Done. Also, if you think the tag would be useful, I don’t see why not.

@Blissful690  
I’ve asked before about the inconsistent tag names, and I think the mods were just averse to renaming “high res” after renaming “absurd res” to “absurd resolution”, because apparently the site has issues with doing that for big tags. Also, glory hole implication added.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
Adoredheart and Heartabetes shouldn’t be combined? Both mean the same thing.
On that same note, Nurse Coldheart seems to be (According to Tvtropes) a Fan Nickname for Nurse Snowheart. So both are basically the same.

?
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@FliegerFaustToP47  
I agree that “adoredheart” and “heartabetes” should be aliased. I can’t do aliases though, and I passed it along the last time you asked, so hopefully someone will get around to it. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you.

As for Nurse Coldheart/Snowheart, we often set different names for the same character to imply each other like that (for example, Bon Bon and Sweetie Drops ).
Algebroot Neogears
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Litrojia  
Sounds good.

The only last thing I’m thinking of would be changing non-Funtasia product line tags to be consistent with Filly Witchy’s tag (I think it’s the only one that has “filly [title] (dracco)” as opposed to just “filly [title]”), both for consistency and clarification. However, this would also mean creating more new tags, so I’m not sure about this.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears  
Mission accomplished. Removing all Filly Funtasia content from that list of tags actually means that I removed all the images from some of those tags. I didn’t set any aliases for the tags without images. I also created a new tag for Filly Witchy, since these tags aren’t used much anyways.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide