General Tag Discussion

Dogman15
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@LightningBolt  
“Barb” (while also being a term for something sharp, like a spike or a spine… kinda), is also short for Barbara. As far as I know, “Spines” is not a normal name for people like Barbara is. But it’s okay if you like to call R63 Spike “Spines”.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
“Barb” sounds like a hippogriff OC. Something similar to but not quite the same as “berb”, “birb” or “burb”.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dogman15  
The point is that both names have been used a lot.

And I don’t see why so much debates over Spines as a name when most Rule 63 names are utter trash.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
@Algebroot Neogears  
Probably mix-match hybrids (i.e. ponies with a head of somebody else (mostly of characters from non-mlp series)), innocent images that are probably suggestive or offensive, weird face-swaps…  
May be tagged along with wat and/or not salmon
Yoshimon1
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
They are generally pictures or photographs that are seen as disturbing to the viewer, either due to the poor photo quality or content within the image that is abnormal or illogical. Images of this or similar nature are sometimes seen as the visual equivalent to CreepyPasta.

The depicted things often are not even intended to be disturbing or anything, but something about their content or image composition makes people uncomfortable when they look at those images. It’s highly subjective. Here’s more examples.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
Adoredheart and Heartabetes shouldn’t be combined? Both mean the same thing (A cute nurse pone)

On that same note, Nurse Coldheart seems to be (According to Tvtropes) a Fan Nickname for Nurse Snowheart. So both are basically the same.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

The smugdash tag is a mess. It looks like the tag was originally made for this meme face. As a result, the tag implies “faic” and “smug”, but not “rainbow dash” since others were drawn with this face as well.  

Since then though, lots of unrelated pictures of Rainbow Dash being (arguably) smug have populated the tag. A sizable amount are variations of this face, which I don’t think has a tag of its own.  

I think the tag should be purged of all images that don’t feature that first face, and the second face should get its own tag. Not sure what to call it though.
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
The tag description answers that.

If too lazy to go there: they drew exact copies of someone else’s art and didn’t credit them, thus he got the “artist needed” tag as an implication
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Algebroot Neogears  
I imagine it’s because most bronies only know Filly Funtasia. Honestly, I didn’t know there was more to the franchise than Funtasia until I looked it up when looking at the species tags the other day. I could set “filly funtasia” to imply “filly (dracco)”, but I can’t tell how much non-Funtasia Filly content is on the site and if it’d be worth it. As far as those species tags go, perhaps it would make sense to rename them to “x filly (filly)”, though maybe that would be too vague. Thoughts?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide