General Tag Discussion

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@saby  
Moreover, even if not from the show, if it’s pretty much the same thing, it’s Safe. Pinkie being crazy isn’t Semi-grimdark. Do note however we used to put insanity into Semi-grimdark rather willy-nilly.

@Background Pony #0299  
In general, “abuse” is for rather intense stuff, and so shouldn’t be tagged on things you could actually put in the show, let alone outright scene interpretations (though Chrysalis pulling on his wings to use him as leverage is iffy.)

@TheGamerPainter  
I think so.
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
There’s hooves on cheeks and hooves on face but there’s also hooves on butt which is confusing with the hooves on cheeks but thinking about it cheeks and butt are the same meaning.
Background Pony #0299
@Pulse Wave  
I wouldn’t consider the issue clear-cut enough outside of screencaps from the show to say, “if ponies: tag Hearth’s Warming”, “if human: tag Christmas”.

Consider this image:  

Ponies, but they’re mostly making a lot of references to Christmas, singing a Christmas carol and wearing a Santa hat, one of the few Christmas things that didn’t get a Hearth’s Warming version. Perhaps you could tag it Hearth’s Warming in addition, but it seems like plenty of artists are just fine using ponies for a purely Christmas image.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Pulse Wave  
As similar as the two celebrations are, they’re not identical, and their identities are not dependent on who or what is celebrating/observing/reacting to them.
Background Pony #0299
@Algebroot Neogears  
I’m pretty sure she’s a character from Code Lyoko who’s been ponified to a g4 pony and the person who’s been uploading all of those pictures just doesn’t understand what they’re doing wrong. Either that or they’ve incorrectly reasoned that since they’ve also made g1 ponifications of that character they have to tag her g4 ponifications as g1 to g4.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide