General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #E7AA
Deletion reason: Rule #6 If you have a question related to tagging, ask it. Otherwise it's the image is not relevant here.
Rainboom Dash
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Rainbooms4Ever
is the vulva showing here? I see redness around the area… but I don't know >>2467998
Also I feel this is more questionable than explicit but… I guess by Derpibooru standards if the vulva is showing it is explicit..
I want to think the line is the vulva.. probably
Raptorshy
Fluttershy - For Patreon supporters
Best Raptor - Screeeeyay
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
From the Night -

Site Assistant
Derpi's official raptor
@Rainboom Dash
With the redness that seems to be what they're implying. I'd personally tag it as vulva and explicit and call it a day but it's one of those borderline things. I'll bring it up with staff and get back to you on that.

Edit: Explicit/vulva
Background Pony #0299
@Background Pony #BAC9
Looks like it. What's more, both should probably be aliased into overhead view. Although it looks like both tags will need a little clean up before that happens. There's a few images in both both tags where I'm not really sure what the tagger had in mind when they added them.
icey wicey 1517
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Art Program Ever - This badge goes to bublebee123, but they don't have a derpi account.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Bringing up something i talked about before, but should the chocolarity tag be nuked? One of the mods said they would nuke it but i think they forgot about it.

It only seems to be maintained by one guy, and we don't have any other tags for showing a certain character as a certain skin type.
Rainboom Dash
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Rainbooms4Ever
@Princess Luna
nah, rating thing was purely opinion.. if a vulva is vaguely showing but nothing else is really going on at the time then imo it should be questionable.. but whatever
and wow that chocolarity tag is absolutely stupid
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Lemonade - Mad
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab

Site Moderator
Undead inside
@saby
That opens up the possibility for people to make tags of any character with any skin tone and that is unnecessary when there is already general skin color tags. We don't need light skin fluttershy, medium dark skin rainbow dash and dark skin twilight sparkle tags too.
saby
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

fun at parties
@Deserter
>all fat fetish stuff
Idk what tag you're looking at but there's plenty of non-fat stuff under "chocolarity".

@LightningBolt
I agree with the general sense of not needing a ton of granular skin tone tags, but there is absolutely no way to address appearance or action tags to the relevant characters. Searching "dark skin, rarity" only searches for images where "dark skin" and "rarity" both occur, regardless of whether there is a dark-skinned rarity or not. The only workaround is to limit the search to solo pieces, but that cuts the potential results to a fraction.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Lemonade - Mad
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab

Site Moderator
Undead inside
@saby
It is not very important to be able to find or filter that specific thing, and that is never an argument for anything like that, the only reason we have tags like that about breasts, butts, and dicks is because people kept making them and made them too big to stop, but not every little variation needs a specific tag for each character. Just imagine how absolutely annoying it would be to have three skin tone variation tags for each mane 6 and then finding an image with them all humanized and tagging or having to see tags of
dark skin twilight sparkle, medium dark skin rainbow dash, light skin rarity, light skin fluttershy, medium dark skin applejack, dark skin pinkie pie

it would be downright exhausting and bloated, and that isn't even giving them big breasts or dicks! Triple those tags for busty * and futa * for each and that is a metric fuckton of tags all for what, just to find images of a specific character humanized with a specific skin tone? Humanization isn't as common as them just being ponies or anthro and nor arethe skin tone tags always used so an extra niche on top of that for a specific character with a specific skin tone when as a human is ridiculously specific and people really need to learn that tags cannot cover every possible topic ever that specifically and will actually need to deal with searches not being 100% for every possible scenario.

tl;dr no
Raptorshy
Fluttershy - For Patreon supporters
Best Raptor - Screeeeyay
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Gold Supporter - Gold Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
From the Night -

Site Assistant
Derpi's official raptor
Tags like this also tend to become very under tagged as the original maintainer(s) lose interest or go on to do other things and the tags fall into obscurity, whereas the more general tags prove to be more reliably and consistently tagged over time.

For instance, at a glance dark skin, rarity still appears to be at least 80% dark skinned rarity. So you get ~80 results on the obscure specific tag and 500+ results on the more general tags.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~