General Tag Discussion

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Archonix  
I asked them how they were going to differentiate between legs and arms on chairs and legs on tables, or if those didn’t matter. My impression was that those would just be tagged “legs” and “arms”, too.
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
Kinda related:  
What is the definition of tomboy and do we actually need it? Looking at some images it’s getting tagged on, I can see some kind of theme (abs, bare midriff, sports bras and/or hoodies), but then there are random pictures of AJ and Rainbow Dash and screencaps of Apple Bloom.
wrath_loveira
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Naruko
Why the tag “source needed” is not very popular when the “artist needed” is used but both of them are missing?

Sometimes I upload content that is only available here, but when the artist and the source are needed is different
Background Pony #91Z0

@wrath_loveira  
I have no idea. All I know is they either don’t want to get the image marked as duplicatd (like some of my post) or they can’t get the actual source link. Or have to go through a hundred tags just to find the original source.  
Try to look up the artist and you’ll get a ton of results.
wrath_loveira
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Naruko
I added the “pink-mane celestia” in every “young celestia” and “young + celestia” using the safe filter and mostly with solo tag, I’ll continue later
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

As someone who tags a lot of backwards cutie mark images, I’d like further clarification on what counts as a backwards cutie mark for Rainbow Dash.

Images like this are most common, where the cutie mark is simply flipped horizontally compared to how it should be.

Sometimes, either the shape of the bolt or the order of the colors are reversed, but not both. Do these count as “backwards cutie mark”, and if not, do they count as some other tag (such as “alternate cutie mark” or “wrong cutie mark”)?

Also, sometimes people get it totally wrong, such as these where the colors are out of order and not just flipped. Should these be tagged as something?

Correct orientation for quick reference.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide