General Tag Discussion

bigladiesman
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

El retorn de Jan
Given that Pony Life has given the ponies new and very zany skills, shouldn’t we find and consensuate a way to point them?  
Examples:  
Fluttershy changes size according to her emotions: Fluttersize (and that tag would be also valid for unrelated size change images like giantlestia, derpysaur or appletini).  
Pinkie Pie blows up, desintegrates and raises from her ashes when the going gets though: Exploding Pie (though I’m sure this already exists).  
Applejack breaks the 4th wall, etc.
Brainless-Mind

Here’s another enquiry. This one concerns the pony tag.

The detailed description for said tag includes this line:

A four legged animal and main race of the show. Not to be tagged on characters drawn as Anthro or Semi-anthro images.

What confuses me is this. I have seen many images with the anthro tag. Usually, if the images just involve ponies, only the anthro tag is used. However, sometimes, if another anthro creature is present, the tag for that creature is also there.

Example: zebra, anthro

It appears that other anthropomorphic creatures can have their exact species mentioned while ponies cannot. Sometimes, not even their subspecies (unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, alicorn ). This doesn’t seem right. Besides, even before I started tagging, I saw lots of art with both the anthro and pony tags together; even if there were no other anthro creatures present.

Did the uploaders of these images do something wrong and I only contributed to this mess, or did the detailed description for the pony tag just give me, and others, the wrong idea?
Hopen Way
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

🔥 le mayo 🔥
@Brainless-Mind  
The idea is that the “pony” tag doesn’t really just mean “the species” like other species tags do; its purpose is to serve as “not human or anthro / the animal form”.  
(It’s basically the equivilant of “feral” in furry communities, but only limited to the pony species. The reason that the term “feral” wasn’t adopted here is, I believe, that such meaning is limited to furry communities, therefore deemed inappropriate by some.)
art with both the anthro and pony tags together; even if there were no other anthro creatures present
Did the uploaders of these images do something wrong and I only contributed to this mess, or did the detailed description for the pony tag just give me, and others, the wrong idea?
I’m afraid it’s the former. Do note that the two tags can co-exist if an image features both an anthro and a four-legged pony.
Background Pony #0299
@icey wicey 1517  
It looks like it referencing this pose:  
>>2077562t (deleted)  
Lying on their stomach, legs bent back into the air, chest elevated by resting on the forearms of elbows.

There’s a few mistagged images, but it’s pretty consistent from what I can see.

The question is now whether or not it’s a needed tag. It’s mostly being maintained by one person and that’s a really bad tag name for it, but it does look to be tagging something very specific that likely wouldn’t be easily found with any other tag or combination of tags.

I’m not against it staying, but it desperately needs a better name or something that makes it easier to remember or find.
Chopsticks
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Rice pone
What’s the difference between unshorn fetlocks and hoof fluff?

My understanding “unshorn fetlocks” implies sharp, jagged, very long-cut, thick fur around the hooves, i.e. typically seen on Big Mac and the new Pony Life series, and (I guess?) it counts as type of hoof fluff?

I ask because I draw hoof fluff, but sometimes people add the “unshorn fetlocks” tag. Examples:

(staff member added the tag in this one)

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Chopsticks  
“unshorn fetlocks” is basically any time there’s a discernable uneven hairline originating at the coronet. AFAIK this does not depend on whether the hooves are rendered the same colour as the coat or not. Technically speaking any fetlock joint (right between the cannon and pastern close to ground with fluffiness ought be tagged so, but t)  
classic case, hoof colour different  

similar, hoof self coloured  

“long feather” is for any fetlock with plentiful hair (yes “feather” is what it’s called), regardless of whether the foot appears shorn or unshorn.  
Neat coronet, long feather–undifferentiated hooves.  

Neat coronet, long feather–differentiated hooves but the edge is clearly neat.  
>>2017468t (deleted)

“ethereal fetlock” seems to be same as “long feather”, just doing an ethereal. Ofc it doesn’t necessary need to be “long”, but it’s hard to show an ethereal effect on a modest tuft.  

“fetlock tuft” seems to be intended for feet with neat coronet (so not qualifying for “unshorn fetlock”) but with a tuft of hair at the fetlock (as is typical for many, many irl horses)  
Neat coronet  

“feathered fetlocks” is when the fetlock tuft is actual feathers, not mere horse-feathers, although some use cases indicate this can be confused for “fetlock tuft” or “long feather” or even “unshorn fetlocks” (thanks to “horse feathers” being a thing)  

“hoof fluff” seems redundant to all these other more senior (?) tags, except for the strange case of a few pieces with actual hoof fluff on the keratin part of the foot, either sole or wall.  
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@LightningBolt  
I think this isn’t a good idea, because it would mean a console just sitting in a living room would mean the “video game” tag gets applied. That’s like tagging “TV show” for “TV set”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide