General Tag Discussion

Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Wizaro679  
Hey there!

Only staff is allowed to add a description to a tag, while you cannot do it on your own you may always advise us on specific cases and if applicable we will add it.

At this thread or making your own on this forum section.

Cheers~
Background Pony #DCA9
@Wizaro679  
“Midnight Lycanroc” should be listed with the “oc:” prefix if it’s not a default pokemon. “Colored” names only apply to canon characters of MLP.  
Also, if it’s an oc, it should also have the following tags added to relevant images: canon x oc, furry oc
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Wizaro679

What @Background Pony #95DD and @The Equestrian Zodiac said – the name color is reserved for canon characters. Further, since Lycanroc’s midnight form exists as a species of Pokémon that people could conceivably use for unrelated images, it shouldn’t be tagged as a canon or oc name anyway – I’d suggest adding an “oc:midnight lycanroc” tag in addition to the ones already present, personally.

Regardless, if we’re discussing a shipping tag, its relevant implications should be brought up here.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
Since the screencap tag only applies to official MLP content (per the tag description), is there an analogous tag that would apply to screenshots or clips from fan-made videos?

If not, would making one be a good idea?
Background Pony #8C70
Artist tag doesn’t apply here, this was made with PonyLumen

Is this true, or should the artist tag be readded back?
Background Pony #6900
@Background Pony #8B47  
Hmm… I’m not sure. It’s usually for the Staff Mods and Registered-users to decide on whether or not the artist tag should re-added for the creator of other sites they didn’t own.

It’s not that easy and all, but it would take time.
Smarch

Everybody's dead, Dave.
I think the whiteboard tag should be separated into “whiteboard (object)” and “whiteboard art” to distinguish between pictures that depict whiteboards from pictures that are drawn on whiteboard.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

The claymation shorts should have their own tag. Since Hello Pinkie Pie, the interseason shorts, and the various EQG shorts have tags too, it only makes sense to me.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@FiurerCastellanos  
Sometimes tags goes through re-indexing and recounting to fix issues regarding deleted images, duplications and alike.

It is normal routine maintenance and nothing to be worried about, there was not a mass deletion of Trixie images, don’t worry… she’s still great and everywhere :3
Background Pony #E792
I’m going to have to ask that someone please nuke the bootylicious tag. Fun’s fun and all, but we’ve got too many superfluous ass tags as it is.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide