General Tag Discussion

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Panko Pai  
I think that’s a bit much to be considered censored, although we never truly resolved whether something like “f*ck” is considered “vulgarity” or “censored vulgarity” or both.
Background Pony #52BA
Should there be any difference in tagging between images that depict or directly mention the* coronavirus, and ones that are clearly related or inspired but only by coincidence such as hands-washing or toilet-paper-hoarding?

*SARS-CoV-2 is the only relevant coronavirus at the moment, not the only coronavirus, of course.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Princess Luna  
IMO the distinction between “fuck” and “fck” is only relevant if you’re a primitive swear word filter. If one can tell what words are being used, it should count as “vulgarity”.

If it’s fully crossed out, replaced with sound-alikes (frock, frigging) or visual matches (FLICK) or gibberish or grawlix, it should probably count as “implied vulgarity”.

If it looks like a partially crossed out swear words but isn’t (“don’t forget to sh
t the door!”), it should count as “not vulgarity”.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@saby  
That sounds like some good understanding of the topic.

I very much agree something like f*ck is not really censored in any way, we still know exactly what the word is and often the context will eliminate any remaining doubts.
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Rainbooms4Ever
Someone removed the artist tag on >>2303183  
Is that really justified?  
I understand this was made with a camera and someone else’s rig but I’m just not sure.. I see people upload real life images with an artist tag
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@Rainboom Dash  
Well I can’t comment on the overall situation, I do question whether the “artist:steve” tag is actually appropriate for that. I don’t see any relation between that artist and the one who made the Rainbow Dash rig.
Rainboom Dash
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
@Zeb  
No, zee made it  
Steve is the one who uploaded it after using the camera to make it move  
The tag was originally on there then someone removed it then I added it back and then someone removed it again

So I’m just making sure..
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Someone removed the artist tag on >>2303183
Is that really justified?
I understand this was made with a camera and someone else’s rig but I’m just not sure.. I see people upload real life images with an artist tag

That’s what we’ve got the “photographer:” prefix for.

While I’m here, I guess Trixie n’abandonne jamais ! should be coloured as official material.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
I know that if someone puts a poster by another artist in the background of a scene, we tag that artist too, so tagging the artist that made the thing that is being used as pretty much the entirety of the “what is being shown” in a work is appropriate. EDIT: Or, at least, seems like an appropriate approach to take for me, with the caveat that if the creator of the rig says the rig is free to use without attribution then it’s fine, but if they ask for attribution then that attribution should be there. Just like with fifteen.ai - we’re seeing a lot of people uploading webms that use fifteen.ai without proper attribution.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

@Frustration in Excelsis  
FiM may be done, but the broader franchise is still active

Since FIM and EqG are done, maybe draw a line under them by removing leak from any image that doesn’t also have pony life, idw, manga, or g5? I think most people who use the tag were doing so to avoid leaks and spoilers from DHX’s open barn door security on unreleased FIM episodes, which isn’t really useful going forward and leaves the tag full of images about episodes that have been out for a year or more.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@TexasUberAlles  
Hmm. Removing the leak tag from G4 material may be worth looking into – at the least I’d assume that if something has been out for, let’s say, a year already, it probably doesn’t need to be tagged as a leak, but more generally my instinct would be to cut the tag from anything that has been officially released already.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Frustration in Excelsis  
From an archiving point of view, it’s useful to know what content was a leak even if it’s had a subsequent official release. There’s a lot of G4 content that was leaked subsequent to official releases - puppets, storyboards, concept art and so on. I personally think any large-scale pruning of the tag for G4 content would be detrimental.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Frustration in Excelsis & @Archonix

Just to add to this, we need to keep the “leak” tag on images that have been deleted so we know not to restore them. Even if the movie is no longer in theatres, LionsGate is a company with a long memory, and a greedy stable of lawyers who care nothing of “that’s in the past” when there’s the possibility of a judgement in the future.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
@Archonix  
I think I see what you mean. Stuff like assets, concept art and storyboards, which is never actually released under normal conditions, should certainly keep the leak tag – after all, there aren’t going to be any non-leak sources for that sort of material.

My original thought was more narrow – I was thinking of material like screencaps or gifs taken from leaked episodes, or fan art inspired by leaked material – like these two screencaps, or this piece here, just to have some specific examples. Should those keep the leak tag?

@Derpy Whooves  
That’s also a very valid concern.
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
@Derpy Whooves  
oh, it is  
I put in the comments I think both should be there.. added it back with the person who made the rig and then someone removed it again and just left the person who made the rig  
This is why I find it really silly someone would remove that tag… I’m wondering if it was a complete accident and they ment to remove some other tag
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide