General Tag Discussion

Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Litrojia  
None and in my opinion it should be aliased into Coloratura.

There’s not enough instances where this nickname is meaningful enough to warrant a specific tag.
Fleetfoot
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Panko Pai  
This still requires the approval of a proper moderator to finalize the procedure, then this can decided but I’d personally alias over nuking since it’s known and canon.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Markiz93  
Are these comic titles, or referring to specific parts of comics?

@Litrojia  
I’d assume it’s for any time Coloratura is called by that, and the implication setup is fine for such, but it looks massively overtagged.
Brokedownandmadeone
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@NotADeliciousPotato  
I haven’t looked at the tag myself, but wasn’t it at one point the fandom (moreso /mlp/) that gave Rarity the nickname/shitpost name “Rara/Rarara”? I know it’s not gonna be used often in terms of quantity on uploads. But the historical context should still be there.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Brokedownandmadeone  
I misunderstood, sorry. People used both names for Rarity before Coloratura. Digging through the tag changes, it looks like around 14 images of Rarity used the tag, but were removed when Coloratura took the nickname.
Background Pony #52BA
There’s not enough instances where this nickname is meaningful enough to warrant a specific tag.

By that measure, is the tag tallulah unwarranted? I was very confused about what it meant until by pure chance I happened upon a clip where Applejack said it (I think) as the name for (at least one of) her hat(s), in Best Gift Ever.

@Litrojia  
Yep, and there’s the glorious rarararara for Coloratura/Rarity shipping :D
ZONESS
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By that measure, is the tag tallulah unwarranted? I was very confused about what it meant until by pure chance I happened upon a clip where Applejack said it (I think) as the name for (at least one of) her hat(s), in Best Gift Ever.

In my opinion, yes. We already have a dedicated tag for Applejack’s hat.

It further doesn’t make any sense when we know AJ’s got an entire closet full of identical hats, one of which got completely destroyed on a trip to Manehattan, so how exactly does one determine which hat is Tullulah outside the one Best Gift Ever short?
Background Pony #52BA
so how exactly does one determine which hat is Tullulah outside the one Best Gift Ever short?

Yes, that too.
Fleetfoot
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Background Pony #F3C9

@ZONESS  
The AJ’s Hat tag really is a “all purposes” tag, I understand that there’s been the canon instance “Tullulah” was introduced however most images that have this tag are not properly aligned to that instance.

It is to my personal opinion that this tag is unnecessary and I agree to ZONESS arguments. Now the question is, nuke or alias? I personally lean to just nuke because that’s not the most known term and even people who watched the special might not recall it.

@Background Pony #F3C9  
I had no idea that was their shipping tag, it hasn’t been brought up on shipping tags thread yet so I do appreciate it that you brought to my attention.

Tag description and implications have been added.

@Princess Luna  
Nebbie, so is Rara tag staying? I can go through it manually to try removing the superfluous uses of it and improve the consistency if that’s the your preferable route.
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #F3C9
I had no idea that was their shipping tag, it hasn’t been brought up on shipping tags thread yet so I do appreciate it that you brought to my attention.
Tag description and implications have been added.

Oh, well, in that case, there are also:  
lyrararararara because of course adding Lyra to Coloratura and Rarity for a love triangle furthers the righteous goal of adding more “ra”s  
parents:rarararara because that’s how it is with mammals (???)  
rararararara, which is just (Rarity, (selfcest || narcissism))  
nightmare rararararara is there for Regular Rarity-Nightmare Rarity ponidox selfcest  
and finally, someone tried mean rararararara for Mean Rarity/Rarity, but it didn’t get any traction.

…want your bad romance!
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
In my opinion, yes. We already have a dedicated tag for Applejack’s hat.
It further doesn’t make any sense when we know AJ’s got an entire closet full of identical hats, one of which got completely destroyed on a trip to Manehattan, so how exactly does one determine which hat is Tullulah outside the one Best Gift Ever short?

Exactly. There’s now way to determine whether any given hat is or isn’t the one in question, because they all look identical anyway, and if it’s applied to all hats then applejack’s hat does the same job and is much more intuitive and well-known.
Fleetfoot
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Background Pony #F3C9  
Oh my! That was great to twist my mind around all these rarararararararar buahahah!

All tags have been added their proper descriptions and implications, thank you for the help!
Background Pony #BD88
@Background Pony #F3C9  
I think fairy lights is the UK term for string lights, though I’m not 100% sure. Regardless, they are the same thing, so an alias should be in order. I would think string lights should go with string lights, as we usually favor US spelling and terms for tags, provided I’m not mistaken about fairy lights being a UK term.

I wouldn’t think making Christmas lights imply string/fairy lights would be a good idea. It seems like it would only succeed in adding the extra step of subtracting Christmas lights from a search for string/fairy lights to find them not being used in a holiday setting, which I believe is the current distinction between them and Christmas lights already.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Litrojia  
>look at tags  
>applejack, bon bon, fluttershy, lyra heartstrings, pinkie pie, rainbow dash, rarity, sweetie drops, twilight sparkle  
Ok how is this helpful at all? I’d get pretty annoyed getting this image in a search for any of these characters, considering they’re there about as much as gold exists in sea water. What’s the rationale for not having $CHARACTER (incidental) tags or something similar?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide