General Tag Discussion

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Would it be somehow possible to block/alias the grossly misspelled and misused digitalart tag into something more useful? It’s currently sitting at -2 images, but some people keep stubbornly trying to use it almost every day.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Deserter  
Where’s this dark humour in the picture? Just the juxtaposition of a wholesome kid’s cartoon being used as the visual language for depicting a scene of Southern USA chattel slavery? In that case shouldn’t any DB image with a cutesy style and grimdark themes/implications (IRL or not) be “dark humour” then? Bc all I see is a smug Applejack sitting idly in her pristine white suit while zebra characters toil away in agricultural tasks, or messily eat watermelon, or laze away/lie dead. If it only had more JPEG I might be able to tell which.

@Dogman15  
Only if you insist on granting the benefit of doubt to what waddles, swims, quacks, and shits in the pond like a duck.

@TexasUberAlles  
I would like such a tag too, but preferably named in a more subjective way so edgebois don’t get needless excuses for tag war. I grow tired of IRL politics being unfilterable because of concerntrolling about “but aren’t YOU the racist if this cute pony drawing makes you think of chattel slavery”.
Deserter
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
@saby  
“Where’s this dark humour in the picture? Just the juxtaposition of a wholesome kid’s cartoon being used as the visual language for depicting a scene of Southern USA chattel slavery?”

Yeah, actually.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Deserter  
Then please address
In that case shouldn’t any DB image with a cutesy style and grimdark themes/implications (IRL or not) be “dark humour” then?
Deserter

This cykas my blyats
@saby  
No, because humor requires a punchline.  
The punchline here is stereotypes and the juxtaposition of the cutesy horses and the fucked up situation presented in a tongue-in-cheek fashion, so short answer, no.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Imagine being the kind of person who thinks “It’s just a shitty racist joke, maaannn” is a valid excuse for shitty racism.

If “it’s just a joke lol” is gonna be the standard around here we might as well use Rule #0 for firewood to cook all the shitburgers we’ll be eating, because it will take roughly 2.5 femtoseconds for some variation of “Your mom’s a tenpenny whore!, LOL j/k” to become the new go-to response to pretty much any argument.
Deserter

This cykas my blyats
@TexasUberAlles  
Oh, fuck off, I’ve never said it was a good joke, or in good taste, but you’re acting like the guy’s going “HANG THE NIGGERS, GAS THE KIKES, RACE WAR NOW lol j/k lmao” when it’s just a stupid joke trying to get people salty, I’m sick of your holier than thou, destroy everything that’s even remotely offensive, “Everything I say it’s right because I’m saying it, thus I’m right” bullshit every time everything something slightly controversial shows up.

Get your head out of your ass, for Christ’s sake, just because you don’t like something and you have a massive ego complex doesn’t give you the right to shit on everyone around you.
TexasUberAlles
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

How’s that staff discussion going on the second bullet point of Rule #0 rarely ever being enforced? ‘Cuz there’s, uh, been a pretty solid uptick in images which objectively and quantifiably violate it lately, just like most of the images under the racism tag.

@Deserter  
the right to shit on everyone around you

I believe you’ll find it is in fact pretty narrowly targeted, mate. I didn’t get that Duck for yelling at random people.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@TexasUberAlles  
I believe that your question was already answered. Fixing the rules will take some time (which none of us have had the last few days), but our practices remain as they have been. Please filter “racism” or “applejack’s plantation” if the images offend you.

Also, please chill harder.
Dogman15
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@icey wicey 1517  
We would be naming the guard herself if Chrysalis impersonated an existing guard. If that design is unique and never seen before or since, then Chrysalis invented it and we’d be naming her disguise.
TexasUberAlles

I started out using that one on the set I uploaded a couple days ago, but it came up with zero existing examples (and wasn’t aliased to anything) so I thought I was just misremembering the appropriate tag.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide