General Tag Discussion

Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
Re: Pony/Semi-anthro  
They shouldn’t be tagged together unless both are in the image, such as the pic @Damaged linked. They’re separate species tags and a character wouldn’t be both at once. Like how a character can’t be both a pony and a human at the same time. Again, excluding examples where the character is shown as both in the same image.

Pony is for, well, ponies.

Semi-anthro is for that tricky gray area where the character isn’t quite anthro, but they aren’t pony either.  
Yes, it can be really tough to distinguish what’s semi-anthro. Since it can so easily be either a very ponyish looking anthro, or a rather anthro looking pony standing on hind legs. [bipedal]

It’s so vague and hard to gauge what exactly should fall under it because the tag itself is meant for the characters that are somewhere between anthro and pony.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Algebroot  
Only if their internal workings are fully mechanical. If not, and there’s actual mechanical control systems in those bits, they’re cyborgs.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Dogman15  
I’d generally go the other way around. Only tag them android if something shows ALL their internals to be mechanical, cyborg if something shows a specific mix of mechanical internals and biological ones, and neither if nothing of their internals is shown. Just my thought on it, at least.

You tag what is in the image, generally, rather than what is not.
Background Pony #52BA
This has to have been discussed before, but I tried and failed to find it, so here we go:

What’s the guideline for tagging mere depictions of things or highly incidental background objects?  
For example:  
• A character which is on a poster or photograph as a minor element in the context of a bigger drawing?  
• Another artist’s image, which is used within someone else’s image as a photo or poster?  
• Things which are displayed on screens/monitors in the background/environment of a picture?  
• Brands of food or drink, when they are not part of the focus of the image?

I’ve wondered for a while, but this enormous image spurred me to ask:  

A few specific examples in that image:  
• Joseph Joestar is shown on a distorted/faded monitor  
  • He’s a meme, and it feels like an “easter egg”  
  • It’s just a picture, not supposed to actually be the character physically present  
    • Another monitor has a screenshot of Paint Tool SAI software  
  • Also feels like an “easter egg” since it’s showing the creation of part of the drawing  
  • So what?  
    • There’s a bottle of Coke in a fridge  
  • Someone already tagged “pepsi”  
  • So what?  
    • A pony is playing a Zelda game (pretty hard to see)  
  • Why not?  
  • So what?  
    • There are some bookshelves with books on them  
  • It’s accurate  
  • It’s unimportant
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
I propose we rename the EqG charcter “Baewatch” to something else, because a) It’s a stupid name and b) It’s the alternative name for one of the shorts (I forget which one).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide