General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #975F
@Background Pony #E7D7
I feel like the ‘original’ usage would be more useful as I feel like there are other vore tags that could apply to the ‘new’ meaning.

@Zeb  
@Background Pony #E7D7
I feel like the ‘original’ usage would be more useful as I feel like there are other vore tags that could apply to the ‘new’ meaning.

Makes sense to me.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I would just like to note as a reminder that an image like >>2095920 (minor spoilers for Dragon Dropped), showing 2 ponies drinking from the same milkshake, is definitely shipping, as it shows behavior indicating a romantic relationship. Similarly, an image just showing them talking to each other shouldn’t be tagged shipping as it isn’t indicating a relationship, and this image also has an example of that with the pair in the foreground. This is the same between screenshots and fanart.  
This will surely come up a lot now as (SPOILERS FOR FINALE) Lyra proposed to Bon Bon in the finale and a newspaper article later on shows them as newylewds.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Princess Luna  
I get your logic for the former, but my BF and his friend have done that and they’ve never dated. But sometimes people have assumed they were so idk. ¯*(ツ)*/¯

Don’t know why people can’t just assume what they want and not having either one be ‘wrong’ or ‘right’.
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@LightningBolt  
Well tags need to take a stance one way or another for searching/filtering purposes, and this comes up a lot with like “are they dating or not”? Best to explicitly say that tags are only interested in the visible signs in the image (no tagging Maudbriar just because Maud and Mud Briar are sitting next to each other).
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Princess Luna  
Well it seems like you’re far more insistent on lyrabon than maudbriar or sugarmac and really imo none of them should be tagged like at all unless they’re like kissing or the scene in question contextually has them expressing affection. I don’t think drinking from the same cup or hugging counts for any of them. I mean that’s my opinion anyway. My logic applies to all couples, whether married or not. I just think that nitpicking smaller things or tagging it on those smaller things is too much.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@LightningBolt  
There’s a big difference between sharing a swig from a bottle with somebody and sitting at a table drinking the same drink from different straws.

The former, buddies do. The latter, buddies don’t.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@cheezedoodle  
In your opinion. Personally I don’t think we should be so hard on tagging this as shipping and making it like a rule to have it there. Just let people see what they want and don’t enforce it. And before you say something like “oh you’re just saying that as you don’t like lyrabon” I would say this for any pairing. I think it’s less complicated to just not bother with it and let people see what they want to. It would create less drama imo versus nitpicking what you or I personally see as shipping and not shipping.
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@LightningBolt  
To be a bit more explicit, here’s a table of images.  
1: Lyra and Bon Bon I tagged shipping. 2: Lyra and Bon Bon I did not tag shipping.  

3: Maud and Mud Briar I left tagged shipping 4: Maud and Mud Briar I removed the shipping tag from.  

So where do you think the inconsistency in tag application is?
Background Pony #38CD
@Zeb  
Guess that’s the way to go for now. Though your list isn’t really what I’m looking for either, partly because some stuff is completely unrelated (what does “inflation”, “disembodied penis” or “fidget cube” have to do with the image containing ponies?), but partly because a lot of stuff is from the show and I wouldn’t mind seeing it - first of all, things like changelings or zebras are practically ponies, and second of all I am now realising that while there’s nothing wrong with gryphons those would be excluded by a “pony” filter. (Also unless I’m reading your filter wrong, it would exclude all images containing at least one of those tags, meaning that e.g. Opal being present in an image would be enough for it to get excluded.)  
Which brings me to my next question: is there any better way to search for content that is “show canon species only”? (Without EqG for my personal tastes, but that’s easy enough to filter.) If “original species” was tagged comprehensively, that might in theory be a good tag to exclude, though anthro and human probably wouldn’t be included. Still, assuming that’s not well tagged either, is there again no choice but to simply build up a giant filter of species that can be white- and blacklisted over time?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@LightningBolt  
Well, I wouldn’t assume that hand hold to be romantic, given the way the hand’s offered with dialog and the glowing. I think it’s pretty fair to cut shipping vs. not somewhere in hand holding, and I don’t think it’d be a good idea to try to go “hand holding isn’t sufficient” just based on some clearly-not-relationship hand holding existing.
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Princess Luna  
Meh, w/e, I just don’t like shipping tags on screencaps as it’s always a mess to deal with and I’d rather not force them to be tagged and just let it be if it gets removed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide