General Tag Discussion

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@Algebroot Neogears
AFAIK “alternate dimension” is a special location within the same fiction: things like hammerspace, bags of holding, supernatural planes where deities or magical beings dwell, time compression chambers, time travel shenanigans etc.
“Alternate universe” is a different fiction that shares major elements, like the characters or the setting, with another fiction. Things like “MLP:FiM, but the Apple clan never existed”, or “MlP:FiM, but everyone is humans in a coffee shop”.
For extra fun, if EQG world never interacted with Equestria in-story, EQG would count as an “alternate universe”. But they do interact, so EQ worldG is technically an “alternate dimension”, albeit one with inexplicably close correspondence between the human and pony populations of these dimensions.
Posted Report
Kincyr
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Non-Fudgsicle Token
is there really a need for the various cum inside (character) tags? shouldn’t the combination of creampie and (character) tags suffice, especially for the ones with low usages? it just seems like bloat to me
Posted Report
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@Kincyr
Agree with “seems like bloat”. “Cum inside Rainbow Dash” was created 11 years ago as the counterpart to “IWTCIRD”. All the rest are ~10-20% of the population and almost exclusively recent snowclones populated mainly by one users:
  • Fluttershy created 4 years ago, established 5 months ago
  • Luna, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle created 3 years ago, established 2 months ago
  • Cadance, Celestia, Chrysalis, Starlight Glimmer, Flurry Heart created 2 months ago…
For comparison’s sake, “fluttershy, creampie, sex” gets 1980+ results and is largely relevant despite only being 3 terms. “fluttershy, creampie, sex, -butterscotch, -futa on male” gets 1900.
Posted Report
Wing Regent

Branding - it’s a branding process, or just a brand?
If the latter, then all the art from Dashite Brand should be tegged as “branding”?
Posted Report
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@Ciaran
This discussion is about the “cum inside $CHARACTER” tags. “Snowclone” is a linguistic term for a phrasal template.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
It turns out we have a flutters tag. I think it should only be used on images that contain the word “flutters”. Do you agree? Currently it’s being used seemingly randomly.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@teikan
Not as such.
But, if the screencap is a uniquely copyrightable work, and you made it, then you absolutely are the artist. Let me know if that’s the case, and I’ll help you get your tag set up. And, if there’s other artist’s assets in the screencap, things seem to work best of you also tag them. We’ve had some games that had a lot of fanwork in them that didn’t tag the actual artists and sometimes that has gone badly.
Beyond that, I know that’s not a simple answer and might not be helpful. But, in case it helps you narrow down how you want to tag your own works based on what others have done with past tagging, we’ve got 670 images tagged game screencap AND artist:*. Perhaps some of those might help you figure out how you’d prefer to tag your images?
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@mdashlw
Absolutely not ! Mare (like stallion, colt, and filly) means a horse, a pony, and a zebra.
Currently an anthro, a human, and a semi-anthro can’t be any of those, which is just wrong (look how e621 is doing it), but that’s what it is. Remove it from them.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
I often tag anthro with those tags, because I figure the only one they shouldn’t be put in is full human images (or images involving other species, blah blah)
Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Jonny Manz
I mean certainly if you search for anthro stallion on google you’ll get exactly that…
Though I think it’s one of those unwritte rules that the tag here at least is used for the regular ponies.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@mdashlw
Agree - as to my opinions, for the first one, yes, for the second one, conditionally yes (on the condition that “pony” is changed from a species tag to one equivalent to “anthro”, “semi-anthro”, and the like - IOW it’s used like the “feral” tag is used on e621)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Fallen Oak charity art pack - Nuclear Neighs and Deco Days

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide