General Tag Discussion

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Can we please make a dedicated friendship is magic (series) tag? People will absolutely NOT. STOP. USING. the S1E1 tag for it, no matter how many times you explain it and no matter how many times you remove it. They just add it back and ignore your communication attempts.
And can we make it fast, like right now fast?
Or namespace all episodes with “episode:” and then ban everyone who still misuses it?
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@saby
All of them? Five report slots aren’t going to be enough. And based on my past experience, rule 2 reports usually stay open for weeks. I understand there are far more important things to take care of, but that’s my experience.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@JP
Y’know, I’d be totally down with a tag for that. Tagging FIM is no longer the redundant tag it was back when that was pretty much the only thing being uploaded, and it’s pretty much the only series that doesn’t get its own tags.
Keeping with how other Gen tags are represented, would probably be my little pony: friendship is magic? Though other aliases could be added to help the auto-suggest. (Many are currently in my little pony)
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@JP
The rule #2 reports that stay open for weeks are typically stuff like “this user is garbage at tagging altogether” or “they never tag X” or “they keep tag warring about Y”, which require a lot of bg work to address in a meaningful way. Although staff should be transferring the reports to their own accounts to free up the slots for the original reporting user…
Cases where users are misusing a specific tag are generally much quicker to deal with.
JP
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Dragonpone
If you ask me, the whole my little pony tag should be just removed. It’s useless. You won’t find any other kinds of images here. Variants of it, like my little pony: friendship is magic could be useful, but the bare base tag isn’t.
@saby
I’ll see what I can do in case those problem users still continue their mistaggings. I’m dealing with two problematic users at the moment. One of them stays in complete radio silence, even when PM’d to.
🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
  1. Agree w/ episode prefix
  2. Deprecate “Friendship is Magic” in favor of “Friendship is Magic (Episode)” and “Friendship is Magic (Series)”
Background Pony #52BA
@JP, @JP
You could also make just one report, and list the various accounts and a sampling of affected posts (especially if BPs), because they’re all connected to the same issue.
Background Pony #7C7A
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
IMO crescent horn is for crescent-moon-esque forehead attachments. Because Luna.
I might describe your example as “sickle” or “crook” (as in the shepherd’s staff thing), or else, because they’re pretty specific and low-count, both it and heart horn could be lumped together in a less-specific tag that’s something like “original horn shape” do not steal
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

The hair flip tag feels a bit messy to me. The meaning most intuitive to me is when someone’s hair is flung through the air, such as >>2641645. However, a lot of the images under that tag are applied to the mane styles of reformed Starlight and Rarity, and it seems that may be a proper term for hair curls like that? If so, perhaps that should be reorganized into a different tag, though I question if that would be a useful or convenient tag.
Also, mane flip exists, and I imagine that should be aliased similar to alternate hairstyle/manestyle.

On the FIM tagging discussion, having separate episode and series tags and getting rid of the “my little pony” tag are reasonable ideas to me. I’ll just add that I think series tags starting with “my little pony:” are too wordy IMO. Even with shorter names as aliases, it just feels redundant to me. And then the spoiler tags get way too long without any aliases, at its most extreme stuff like spoiler:my little pony: make your mark chapter 4.

@Toastypk
Probably depends on what they’re called most often. Regardless, one should be aliased into the other. I haven’t watched anything with them, but I’d guess the full name should be the main tag unless the full name is hardly ever used. I’m thinking along the lines of character names, like how Zipp’s tag is “zipp storm” even when she’s called Zipp most of the time, but not “zephyrina storm” since that even fuller variant of her name is trivial.
catachromatic
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

On the FIM tagging discussion, having separate episode and series tags seems reasonable and getting rid of the “my little pony” tag are reasonable ideas to me. I’ll just add that I think series tags starting with “my little pony:” are too wordy IMO. Even with shorter names as aliases, it just feels redundant to me. And then the spoiler tags get way too long without any aliases, at its most extreme stuff like https://derpibooru.org/tags/spoiler-colon-my+little+pony-colon-+make+your+mark+chapter+4.
That tag is so long that it doesn’t even fully display on my phone without zooming out.

The new set of Toola Roola tags still need to be blue tagged, but maybe that should move to the character-tag-fixing thread.
JP
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
On the FIM tagging discussion, having separate episode and series tags seems reasonable…
I’d love to have completely separate episode and series/franchise namespaces. We could then have episode:friendship is magic and series:friendship is magic. And no aliases, to prevent accidental mistaggings. You have to type the namespace first, to indicate which one you mean.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anti Fun Officer
@Litrojia
A bit of googling reveals Starlight’s forelock is indeed in a style that could be called “flipped bangs”. In interest of keeping the tag suitable for all species and bodyplans, “flipped bangs” is probably better than “flipped forelock”, but I’m not enthused about creating a whole new tag for a hairstyle element that only exists in one canon character.
So, I guess it’s time to go looking for non-Starlight examples.
Background Pony #7C7A
@catachromatic
Good question. The square muzzle style associated with stallions is way less cute, so using the rounded muzzle for stallions is not that rare.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide