General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
what’s the tag for the “praise the sun” pose when it isn’t referring to Princess Celestia? (praise the sun implies Princess Celestia)
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Binkyt11
3 years later… I should do this as I just discovered this is STILL the case, and I have no idea why they were ever tagged OCs from someone to begin with.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

As funny as ‘evilbutt’ would be given that she straight up invites you to call her that… yeah, no. The various -butt and -betes tags are already droolingly stupid in the first place, but if we have to keep them they need to be obvious to someone who hasn’t seen whatever they’re referencing.
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt
Why’d it stop at those, leaving the other major categories of unstructured tags?
(I say unstructured to mean all the tags without a consistent form such as “attribute charactername” whether they’re presently puns or some other kind of portmanteau, etc.)
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Reiterating that cute and funny and sexy all need to die in the same fire; they are 100% subjective and funny in particular is almost never applicable to the images it’s added to.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
I wouldn’t mind cuteasomeone/someonebetes being made into “cute <character>”.
@TexasUberAlles
Yes, they are subjective. But they are still useful.
Images tagged “funny” do normally contain a joke or some other form of humor. I don’t find all of them funny, but at least an attempt has been made and the result is way more likely to be funny than a random image.
Same for “cute”. Not all images tagged cute are cute, but the likelihood of such an image being cute is higher than of a random image being cute.
So those tags are still useful for searches and watches. I literally watch “daaaaaaaaaaaw”, “weapons-grade cute”, and a *betes tag.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
I guess I’ll throw in that my issue with a lot of subjective tags is not their existence so much as the numerous and unnecessary variations.
I’ve never minded that cute is a tag, it’s the 100 ways of tagging it that seem unneeded to me.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dragonpone
While deep down I am of the “burn all subjective tags” camp, realistically, they would be mostly fine if there was just way less of them and a lot of them could be consolidated down even more than there is already, especially within cute and sexy variations.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide