General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
It’s there a tag for EqG-style humans other than equestria girls?
Nope. Currently, “equestria girls” is serving multiple duties as an art style tag, a species tag, and a content tag.
I’d like to be able to narrow my searches to ponies without excluding images like >>1459547, but human says not to use it for EqG humans.
They should be tagged with pony, then. Unless they’re kirins, or changelings, or griffons…etc.
But, there are a lot that aren’t tagged, so it depends on if your goal is to never see a humanoid, or to find every nonhumanoid image.
In particular, unicorn sci-twi implies equestria girls ponified but does not imply pony even though equestria girls ponified implies pony. I dunno if that’s an oversight, or a courtesy (on the assumption that there’d be fewer anthros tagged directly with equestria girls ponified than with unicorn sci-twi)
…why the hay would someone remove the pony tag from an image like >>1434361?…
Anyway, if some site assistant with mass tagging powers would have a moment to look through this search, nearly all of those ought to get pony added.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
(I honestly don’t remember if I’ve asked this before (or if someone else has asked it), I can’t find anything relevant with post search.)
Why don’t we prefix ship names with “ship:” or similar? “ship:twidash”, “ship:rarijack” and so on. You could then include/exclude them all easily in searches. For example, tag searching would (sometimes) be a lot easier if you could exclude all shipping tags.
Because I really, really, don’t see any reason why we haven’t been doing this since the beginning of tagging. We could still start. Machine-prefixing everything on the “implied by” list of shipping would be a very good start.
(Yes, namespace prefixes sometimes make tags look “uglier” but I think it’s a small price to pay.)
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@JP
That is never, EVER how shipnames have been done before, here or anywhere else… but it is in fact an excellent suggestion; I occasionally have to search for ship images here to figure out how to tag ships on Tumblr because the generally accepted shipnames don’t always make sense. If every one of them automagically included a “ship:” prefix, it would definitely make search exclusions much more convenient.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@JP
I like it.
Everything that implies “shipping” except tags that have “shipping” (7) or “incest” (4) in the name.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #52BA
Somebody removed hat too and no one added that back until me.
@JP
I’m not sure, I feel like the amount of effort involved in achieving that isn’t worth the small gain, and that it won’t solve the issue of knowing what a ship tag is for without clicking it. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, just not sure it would help with much.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@LightningBolt
People do occassionally add shipping tags to images without realizing what they are, resulting in a mess. But if a tag starts with “ship:” they’re less likely to do so.
Without the shipping prefix it would be difficult to know what basphinx, marbleblaze and scaius (I’m amazed some of these actually have descriptions) are for. Yes, those are extreme examples. But you get the idea.
And it wouldn’t be that difficult. Like I said, take the shipping implication list and prefix them with a script. The job’s 98% done. All you have to do then is fix the little-used stragglers like the ones I listed above. Perhaps there could be a forum thread where people can report shipping tags for renaming?
Background Pony #90F1
@JP
It’s certainly be in favor of this. With more obscure characters, it can be hard to tell which tags refer to a character and which is the ship name.
Background Pony #52BA
People do occassionally add shipping tags to images without realizing what they are, resulting in a mess. But if a tag starts with “ship:” they’re less likely to do so.
I’d be in favor of a prefix like this also for species. For example, people don’t realize that plush pony is not a tag for a plushie of a pony and toy pony is not a tag for a toy of a pony, even though those tags are categorized. (Categories and descriptions aren’t visible during the process of adding tags.)
It might even be worthwhile for characters. We all know that neon lights gets mistaken for colorful lamps.
Perhaps there could be a forum thread where people can report shipping tags for renaming?
Wouldn’t the Shipping tags general thread be suitable?

How does someone request an alias again?
Instructions are in the pinned thread Read First: How to request a tag change
Background Pony #52BA
Could an assistant please nuke all these tags and any straggling spam comments on the affected images? The 3 report limit is not enough to point them all out.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA
I’ve forwarded this to someone who can nuke tags.
For future, with cases like this where rule breaking is spread across more than one place, it’s perfectly okay and sufficient to make one report and simply mention that. Links can also be given, and you don’t have to know for sure if it’s all the same person. Senior staff has tools to investigate all site activity.
Background Pony #52BA
@saby
Thanks.
I am aware that it’s recommended to submit multiple action items in the explanation text of a report, but I have occasionally found in the past that they can be overlooked and that only the directly-reported item gets addressed. (Only sometimes - I’ve also had success doing so where everything mentioned was addressed.)
Hopen Way
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

🔥 le mayo 🔥
@saby
I kinda recall it being used mostly on pictures that probably doesn’t bring a great big smile, such as >>1320255, >>856690.
Probably just memory serving me wrong. *shrug*
Still disappointed at how overused it is, nonetheless. :/
Background Pony #52BA
@saby
I kinda recall it being used mostly on pictures that probably doesn’t bring a great big smile, such as >>1320255, >>856690.
Because early on in the series, Sweetie Belle didn’t use any magic or telekinesis, didn’t that tag get used for the purpose of “a picture of Sweetie Belle using (any) magic”?
Speaking of G3.5 theme song reference, apparently each line from that verse has a tag!
We’ll plan a party with Pinkie Pie, then watch her balloons lift her up to the sky (970)
After seeing that tag enough times, eventually I had to go search to find out why it was phrased that way. :P
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@saby
I didn’t realize there were that many :o I only knew the Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie ones :D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide