- Where is the line between
alternate character interpretation and
alternate character design?
alternate character interpretation
, with 43 posts not counting your set, isn’t well-established. Going by the words and the few images that have it, IMO it signifies different ideas for charaters’ roles, personalities, etc. which may or may not be visual - significantly overlapping “AU” and “headcanon”, but possibly distinct by applying to images that are just a one-shot and not part of a larger concept held by the artist. Things like “tyrant celestia” or “gamer luna” might fit, if the tag is even worth keeping.
(I wouldn’t use it on your image set.)
- Can we please have a general tag for
ai generated art?
Presently, there are:
- machine learning (which also applies to the topic of machine learning, not just the results),
- neural network which is already implied by artist:thisponydoesnotexist (I am not an expert, but aren’t there other kinds of “ai” than neural networks?),
- and computer generated which looks like the closest fit but I don’t think it’s worded precisely enough.
- By the way, it seems that there was a pony AI developed and run under the tag artist:aerial - most of the posts tagged “computer generated” are from that, but not every “artist:aerial” post has been tagged “computer generated”
- We should have an
ai: prefix that is treated like the existing
Disagree, as I posted to your other thread. I think of it in the same way as tools or medium, like “ink drawing” or “source filmmaker”.