General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@saby  
Disagree…wing blanketing isn’t necessarily affectionate (though it is in many images) or have the torso-to-torso closeness I think of as hugging. It might even be that the wing owner is asleep and unaware of another that climbed underneath.

@Litrojia  
though I think the purpose of “wing shelter” needs clarification. I don’t know how to define it.

Use of wing(s) to give another character(s) (and/or oneself?) protection, such as from cold or wind, or from precipitation (wing umbrella would imply this tag, if it is not merged), or danger.
Background Pony #53A8
@Background Pony #0299

Aye aye, understood.

On a side note, this image seems to have people arguing about it’s safeness. So I’ll just leave this here just in case.

I downloaded it for reasons not involving fetishes… honest, and I can (with some effort) see that the green and blue thingies are ponies, but stuck to Celestia’s hoof and not dead (Which would explain the alive falling pony), and the brown thingies most likely carts or something máde out of wood (Houses?), so it would be hardly tagged grimdark. Kind of like this one

>>1960151p (deleted)

|| Which is tagged suggestive, or perhaps this one||

Which is tagged questionable, or these ones:

Which are weirdly tagged safe, although the artist explained on the first one that the ponies aren’t dead by some cartoon logic of “soft hooves”.

I’m not sure if you guys have some tagging algorithm for these type of images or not, but it’s kind of confusing.

And no, I don’t have a fetish, it’s just confusing, that’s all, I don’t have that fetish!

^^^^
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #53A8  
There is a dedicated thread for ratings questions, which tend to be rather separate from most tagging by their very nature.  
As to the images, I haven’t done a proper review of gigantism/crush fetish images yet, so there’s not really anything properly established on treating them in particular, so Safe vs. Suggestive isn’t expected to be all that easy. Due to that, my current assumption is Safe until there’s something obviously wrong with it.  
>>2454757 has a combination of vore, sexual attire, and bodily pressing on both the crushing and vore; Suggestive seems a pretty clear choice for it. >>1960151 (deleted) seems fine at Suggestive as well due to the prominent butt paired with the crush fetish stuff going on. The Questionable one is seemingly due to hoof licking, which has since been moved to Suggestive.  
To touch on the dark ratings, I think they’re out of the question for all these since there’s no obvious signs of injury/death (cartoon physics is the default assumption; all kinds of things happen in shows like FiM that would for sure kill you, but are a minor inconvenience for the characters).
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@ZONESS  
The image is called “Flying with Pinkie Pie” and the description mentions “soarin’”, so flying rather than falling seems to be the intent. I added the tag.
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Please have “Good Vibes” imply “Equestria Girls.”

Because the tag implication bug still exists, and just implicating “eqg summertime shorts” isn’t enough and it gets past my blacklist.
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@LightningBolt  
…You want me to individually go and blacklist every single episode/movie/piece of media from the entire Equestria Girls franchise, including continually adding new tags to the blacklist when things come out if they even still do, when all I want to do is blacklist EQG in its entirety? And you expect this to be done by any person, not just me, who wants to blacklist the EQG franchise?

Excuse me?
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Brainless-Mind  
They look like three pretty distinct tags to me.

@Yoshimon1  
I added “equestria girls” as an implication of those three tags. Given that all Equestria Girls media in the past has implied “equestria girls”, someone who doesn’t want to see EQG should reasonably be able to expect that these shorts would get that tag too.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Markiz93  
I frankly don’t know much about catgirls. The images on the site range from humans with cat ears (which probably don’t warrant the cat tag) to full-on anthro cats (which should be tagged as cats), so it could use some cleanup. Not really sure how though.

As far as the EQG thing goes, it probably just hasn’t come up. I added the implications.
Background Pony #3BE2
There’s a tag “futa eqestria girls” (typo included) that should probably be deleted and/or broken up/aliased into “futa” and “equestria girls” tags.
Background Pony #3BE2
@Litrojia  
“Chubby” and “pudgy” could be merged, but looking at images tagged as “plump”, these are completely different from the first two. Chubby and pudgy are borderline fat, plump is more like “well rounded”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide