General Tag Discussion

Blissful690

Glimmy is best pony
Has the tag search system been updated or something? Because it now seems to operate under an "exact" search, e.g. you search for "Rarity" and you just get the "Rarity" tag.
Yoshimon1
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@LightningBolt
The default had been changed from analyzed_name: to just name: upstream a while ago and has now been merged here. 1b6be40

@Blissful690
For the same functionality from before, you can search analyzed_name:Rarity or use wildcards as suggested above to get even more results.
saby
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

fun at parties
@TheGamerPainter
re: rating

I see no other reason than its purely metatextual association with the Cupcakes fanfiction, and whoever changed the original rating from "grimdark" to semi wasn't aware of the rule that anything from the shows is "safe".
Rainboom Dash
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Rainbooms4Ever
Should this be tagged Princess Celestia? >>2504076

I tagged it that because in the description it says it is a Princess Celestia model.. but I don't think it's actually supposed to be Princess Celestia… should it be tagged OC instead? At the time I thought I was doing right but now that I think about it.. just because it's the model doesn't mean it should be tagged that?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

🔥 (On modding break)
@Rainboom Dash
If that's an OC and not Celestia, then the image shouldn't be tagged as such. Lots of OCs are recolors of canon characters, and they don't get tagged as the canon character. I'm not up on my FoE lore, but I don't see anything suggesting that she's an alternate form of Celestia or anything.
Background Pony #52BA
@Panko Pai
Mm, I'd rather not, because I would rather stuff slip through than overreach, for cases such as if something gets created with a different model, or if it's missing the often-overlooked "pony" tag, or something other than the EQG character is the SFM content.

Do I take it there's no name for it, like how "nexgen" is the name for a series of anthro models?
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
You can try combining individual artist tags with the EQG and SFM tags then. It's likely that most of these pics are made by few artists.

EDIT: or you can invent a tag for these models. Like "abc's eqg models", just replace "abc" with the artist who made the models.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~