General Tag Discussion

Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Pulse Wave  
The implication shouldn’t even be there, because “best pone” is subjective qualifier that was clearly intended to be not entirely serious in first additions (also use a gallery instead) while “pone” is for images that explicitly spell “pone” out in them, as per description.  
@Damaged  
Those are absolutely not breasts and definitely potentially-badly-drawn (namely, they’d be more distended at that size) teats.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Damaged  
“teats” covers cases like this. Nothing’s stopping us from establishing a tag with more stringent realism qualifier, such as “reasonable horse udder”.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
Totally. If there isn’t a thread for the subcategory of thing you’re talking about (like a fan-made series or an OC) just report yourself with a reason of “Other” and let us know what the old tag is and what you’d like it changed to.

We have a couple of tools for doing what you’re asking, but which way is faster/easer will depend on what kind of tag it is an how many images have that tag.

You could also say what you want here, and maybe someone on staff will see it and do it if they are free.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
Something I’ve seen come up only rarely before is images/comics that are clearly non-con tagged up as BDSM. Now, I can see the “BDSM scene gone wrong” still being tagged such, but something like the following is really on the nose as the artist goes to great pains to show this as being against her will and lacks either RACK or SSC completely.

If the BDSM tag is intended for actual rape/non-con situations, could we maybe have it renamed to something else?
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Lately I’ve noticed some people have tagged pics of fetishes they don’t like with tags like eww or ewww!! (the latter of which, itself, is redundant and should probably be aliased, merged, deleted, or whatever.)

Shouldn’t those tags, instead, be used for stuff like pics of a character looking grossed out or something?

I’ve also seen people do the same kind of stuff with tags like gross or disgusting.

I dunno, isn’t tagging stuff like this kind of against the spirit of rule 4?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Word Bug
@pixel  
Probably. If I see someone doing that, I usually check the person who added the tags to see if they’re adding them a lot—if they are, I’ll report the user for #2. If not, I’ll usually just remove the tag.

Note: Only when the tag is obviously subjectively added. If the image has a character saying “eww”, then it’s valid.
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@pixel  
Acting out on content you should be filtering is against the rules as is. Users doing that can be reported.
radpanic
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
but something like the following is really on the nose as the artist goes to great pains to show this as being against her will and lacks either RACK or SSC completely.

Okay, I’m familiar with “Safe, Sane, and Consensual” but what does “RACK” stand for?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@radpanic  
Risk Aware Consensual Kink. It allows for a greater range of things to happen, but only if everyone agrees on them in advance and knows all the possible risks. Things like breath-play or knife-play would be considered RACK.
radpanic
Non-Fungible Trixie -

never big enough
@Damaged

Makes sense. Thanks.

And I agree with your larger point that the “BDSM” tag ought to match how the real-life BDSM community uses it, not how people outside misinterpret it. Maybe add some tag description to discourage future misuse?
Barhandar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Damaged  
“bdsm” on the site is a general descriptor of the BDDSSM set of activities, not the community in question and its rules. I think it does not need additional implications of consent as there are already separate tags to denote presence/absence of it, and images actually aligned with the SSC/RACK should be tagged SSC/RACK/“bdsm community” instead.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@Barhandar  
Then the tag should either be renamed more in line with what it is meant to convey, or have a description added to the effect “BDSM doesn’t refer to BDSM, but rather the various acts it portrays.” or such.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
@LightningBolt  
Okay, so what I’m getting at is that there are already tags that cover the physical acts.

bondage  
discipline  
domination  
submission  
sadism  
masochism

What I’m trying to get at is if bdsm doesn’t mean actual BDSM, it needs to be clarified that it doesn’t.

You know what, it’s probably not worth it. I slapped grimdark on these specific ones to denote the non-con aspect. Have a great day/night.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Litrojia  
Wouldn’t that also be “show accurate”? We’ll have the same thing when G5 comes out, and making unique “show accurate” tags for each generation might become troublesome.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Derpy Whooves  
Oh the gnashing of teeth that will be had if Pony Life style “show accurate” gets mixed in with G4 “show accurate”. Since style is separate from content (i.e. G4 accurate doesn’t necessarily feature G4 characters/settings etc.), and MLP:FiM isn’t the only “show” to be accurate for, I’d suggest renaming current “show accurate” to “G4 accurate”, and adopting a series of tags to differentiate with “G3 accurate”, “pony life accurate” etc.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@saby  
We survived the drama of having EQG images tagged “Show Accurate” (although it does still periodically trigger a few fans,) and we also have “(g1 OR g2 OR g3),show accurate” (although, to be fair, no one seems to care about those).

And assuming that G5 reuses some of the character names we’re almost certainly going to have to figure out how to differentiate G4 from G5, at which point separating G4 Rarity and G5 Rarity should be as easy as (or no more difficult than) telling the difference between EQG Rarity from Pony Life Rarity is today, so knowing which ‘show’ the ‘show accurate’ tag is referring to should theoretically be as easy as telling the difference between EQG Show Accurate and G4 Show Accurate is in searches and filters today.

So I’m just wondering, looking back on this 5 years from now, would we really feel that creating a unique tag for “Pony Life Show Accurate” to differentiate it from “G4 Show Accurate” was really the best solution, or if it would have just created additional layers of generation specific tags that we have to remember how to sort out from each other?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide