General Tag Discussion

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@TexasUberAlles  
We don’t distinguish tagging by number for objects. In general, we alias to the singular form for most objects, but to plurals if something is meant to come in groups.

@Damaged  
I’ve taken a look at “mouthpiece” and adjusted its definition. It should apply whenever canon characters are just putting real-world slogans to the viewer, since it’s pretty unlikely any of them would agree with the exact goals of any movement.  
Do note however that if Twilight gave a generic speech on how racism is bad, that would not be mouthpiece.

Note further that it does not apply simply whenever a character is acting out of character, like AJ being homophobic. It’s for things being spat at the viewer by the character, as if they’re a megaphone.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Princess Luna  
Got it. Do you want me to go through my recent uploads and modify any that need to be changed, or did you get those? Either way, I’ll keep this definition in mind going forward.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Should there be a separate “Megan Williams (EQG)” and “Megan Williams (G1)” tag to distinguish the character designed as a homage to her in “Rollercoaster of Friendship” from the G1 character? (I remember there being a thread specifically for this kind of tagging discussion, but I can’t find it again)
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Word Bug
@Jarkes  
Searching can already be accomplished with existing tags easily enough. megan williams, equestria girls or megan williams, -equestria girls will accomplish the same as making new tags.

While I think the G1 version of her is fleshed out well, the EqG Megan Williams doesn’t really have any personality to make her distinct from the G1 version (and won’t be getting any now the show is over).
Background Pony #0299
Giant/tiny? Does this do anything that somehow isn’t covered by micro and macro? It looks to have been made by one person and I’m not sure what their aim was behind its creation and use.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Officer Hotpants  
In which case it should be renamed to conform to the other X on Y tags.

Or perhaps even better, renamed to “larger on smaller” for a broader scope, and its current scope would then be achieved by searching “larger on smaller” && (micro||macro).

I’m actually on the side of retaining this tag in some form since we already do differentiate between “female on male” and “male on female” (and the rest of them) to accommodate for people with specific kinks. We also have “larger X” to sort size different pairings by which way it goes. The similarity of the situation with size differences should be obvious.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Word Bug
A suggestion to rename the teats tag, perhaps to something like realistic udder or something that people don’t throw on every image that has huge crotchboobs and a pair of teats on them?

Example: Artist called this “teat version”, so of course people keep retagging it as teats. Tag names need to be somewhat representative of what their content is.

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #91Z0  
Seems superfluous unless the picture is just the one hoof. Even so it probably should have some other name like we do with “pictures of legs” and the like.

“Single-foot” is a term referring to specific gaits some horse breeds have.
Background Pony #0299
What exactly is the difference between jean shorts and denim shorts exactly? Not really seeing a difference, myself.

On a somewhat related note, how exactly does a girl wearing them automatically make them a tomboy?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide