General Tag Discussion

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Three Days Grace  
This logically makes a lot of sense. It gives EQG humans a tag of their own just like every other species on the site while solidifying the distinction between standard and EQG humans. I’m not sure if there’s a mechanism in place to retag that many images though.

@Melisareb  
How I understand it, one of the uses of the “part of a set” tag is to indicate images from the same creator that are thematically associated but not chronologically related (ie. comics).

I created the “sugar morning’s smiling ponies” tag specifically for that set of images. They are all variations on a single base and were advertised as such. In addition, a few months ago, me and some others here agreed that the tags “ych result” and “part of a set” should be used when multiple images were produced from a single YCH base. While most of the smiling pony pictures don’t have either tag, I believe most of them should (though if any of those images by Sugar Morning of their own accord without any YCH sale, those may not warrant a “ych result” tag, but I digress).

The tag “whistle blossom’s teacup ponies” was created by the artist herself, proving that these images are meant to be related and don’t just coincidentally share a theme. Therefore, I think it’s fair that these images are called a set. Even if the artist didn’t clearly link the images in text, I think the images are similar enough to be called a set regardless.
NotADeliciousPotato
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Equus ferus caballus
In my opinion it doesn’t need to exist, but there’s no harm in it existing, either; might as well keep it around.  
I say this especially because it seems like a handful of people use it.
Wellwater
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
@LightningBolt  
Littlepip has pipabetes (46), Aryanne has aryanbetes (148), Fluffle Puff has flufflebetes (137), Nyx has nyxabetes (98), Snowdrop has snowbetes (56), Fausticorn has faustabetes (60), and so on; probably half the top 25 OCs have their own tags, and Apogee is #24, so….
Background Pony #8C70
@Damaged  
No idea, but I do know in 3D pictures some people avoid wings for reasons such as annoying/clipping/etc, so I usually tag ponies I know should have wings, but no indication of species swap as “wingless anthro”.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
(Slightly NSFW)

What is the purpose of the stocking feet tag? We already have a “stocking” tag and “stocking feet” seems redundant and doesn’t seem to show what the tag should actually be used for. Also only one other person seems to be adding this tag as well.

Should the tag get nuked?
dziadek1990
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Likes good dialogue.
Question: Is Paprika Paca’s standard Modus Operandi shipping?

She always hugs and kisses everyone. Should I tag each such interaction as shipping? (Or an “shipping without consent” or whatever the tag is for that.)
Dogman15
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@dziadek1990  
I just wanted to quickly point out that “Paprika Paca” isn’t officially her name. Officially, it’s just Paprika. “Paca”, “Reindeer”, “Cow”, and “Lamb” are false last names added to Paprika, Velvet, Arizona, and Pom in order to distinguish them as character tags on this site. Oleander and Tianhuo seem to be unique enough that they don’t need false last names.

Also, when a mod sees this, >>2364024 needs the tag “comments locked down”, because someone locked down its tags at the same time without adding the tag for locking comments.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

What’s up with the atg 2020 tag? The tag says that only 7 images have it, but searching for the tag returns most ATG images (including previous years) in the result. Also, it looks like it was removed without a trace from a lot of images that had it, and it can’t be added back.
Background Pony #8049
The description of >>2366195 says not to add the mouthpiece tag, and a mod removed the tag and locked it from editing.

Can we do that? Just ask for a tag not to be added, regardless of whether it’s applicable to the image or not, and have that enforced? Can I upload a picture of Rarity and Pinkie kissing and just ask that it not be tagged with “kissing”?
Background Pony #8049
@TexasUberAlles  
Not even an attempt to justify it? Just “haha, fuck you”?

Filters don’t work if images aren’t properly tagged. Rule #4 explicitly says to tag stuff so it can be filtered, but we can’t do that when you won’t let appropriate tags be added.

You’ve shown pretty blatant hostility towards your userbase in the past few days.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide