Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #52BA in topic General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
[@Brainless-Mind](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5298028#post_5298028)
Copy-pasting my reply from the other thread:
`nicemare moon` is a tag for Nightmare Moon showing a pleasant personality or demeanor, as opposed to the character's usual evil, tyrannical and stern personality.

To determine if an image qualifies is a bit subjective, especially when her demeanor is close to neutral. Some examples of themes that are likely, but not 100%, to indicate an image might qualify: non-evil smiling, not wearing her armor, blushing/cuddling/being affectionate, engaging in mundane everyday activities.

[@Brainless-Mind](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5298146#post_5298146)
I have [a thread (with no replies)](/forums/tagging/topics/differences-between-various-cuffs-and-some-to-merge) with a bunch of questions about "cuffs" tags, too.

[@Algebroot Neogears](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5298133#post_5298133)
Because for ~7 years, the site's focus was MLP:FiM, thus considering it the default topic, and any other gen was the exception (and it [still says it is on the "about" page](/pages/about)).

Perhaps changing it would be good, though. [Start a thread to propose it?](/forums/tagging/topics/read-first-how-to-request-a-tag-change)

[@PUBLIQclopAccountant](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5298131#post_5298131)
~~I thought it was decently hashed-out [when you asked about these previously](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5271961#post_5271961)? Anyway, IMO, "X focus" tags are about that feature being overwhelmingly the point of interest of the image, mostly due to taking up most of the area of the image, but there could be other ways it's valid, too. "I watch it for the plot" is either for the presence of that phrase as a meme in the image, or for screencaps or redraws/"scene interpretation"s with more-than-incidental presence of a butt. There'll be images where both apply but they mean different things.~~ I had a reading comprehension issue.

[@radpanic](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5298192#post_5298192)
Maybe it should be, but so far, I've seen those tagged as `machine learning generated, redraw`. I'd welcome discussion in [my thread about tags for AI generated images](/forums/tagging/topics/thread-about-tags-for-various-ai-image-generators).
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #52BA