"galoshes" and similar tags to merge

Tagging Discussion » "galoshes" and similar tags to merge Search Posts
Background Pony #C548
Some of these have differences based on region.
My recommendation is:
rubber boots, rain boots, gumboots, gum boots, wellies, wellington boots -> galoshes
galoshes is actually said in the show so I’m biasing in favor of that.
On the other hand, Wikipedia lists all these phrases as being used for Wellington boots and also has redirects for them all to the Wellington boot article, except for galoshes because it may refer to something else depending on region.
Before an alias is performed, rubber boots would need some sorting out for the ones where it’s been used for more fetishy footwear.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
I think “galoshes” as used in the show is a bit of a joke, because the ponies are (or could be) wearing them over their normal horseshoes.
With that in mind my strong opinion is that the name of the tag should be “rubber boots” to avoid confusion with the IRL meaning of “galoshes”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide