Fighter Jet Tags

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Bet you thought I had forgotten, huh? For brevity’s sake, this list does not include any aircraft with no images on the site, or any that have more than one tag.

All of these should imply jet, jet fighter, and plane.

(I have no idea why some of the links are working and others aren’t, the formatting is identical)

The F-4 Phantom: “F-4J Phantom,”:/tags/f-dash-4j+phantom “F-4X Phantom”:/tags/f-dash-4x+phantom “f-4 phantom”:/tags/f-dash-4+phantom -> “F-4 Phantom II”:/tags/f-dash-4+phantom+ii  
Rationale: Since the “II” is technically in the name, I see no reason not to include it in the tag.

The F-5 Tiger: “F-5 Tiger,”/tags/f-dash-5+tiger -> “F-5 Tiger”:/tags/f-dash-5+tiger+ii  
“F-20”:/tags/f-dash-20 implies F-5 Tiger II  
Rationale: The F-20 Tigershark is a later development on an identical airframe. I am choosing to imply here since it is only used by one person for their OC in particular, and I’m feeling merciful on the issue. An alias is technically proper.

The F-14 Tomcat: “F-14”:/tags/f-dash-14 -> “F-14 Tomcat”:/tags/f-dash-14+tomcat

The F-15 Eagle: “F-15,”:/tags/f-dash-15 “F-15C,”:/tags/f-dash-15c “F-15E Strike Eagle,”:/tags/f-dash-15e+strike+eagle “F-15J”:/tags/f-dash-15j -> “F-15 Eagle”:/tags/f-dash-15+eagle  
Implication: “F-15S+,”:/tags/f-dash-15-plus- “F-15S,”:/tags/f-dash-15s “F-15 Active,”:/tags/f-dash-15+active -> “F-15 Eagle”:/tags/f-dash-15+eagle  
Rationale: Standard designation+name example, the Strike Eagle is similar enough to be aliased in, but the Active is different enough to be separate. The Active also represents over half of Derpi’s (currently tagged) images of F-15 Eagles.

The F-16 Fighting Falcon: “F-16,”:/tags/f-dash-16 “F-16 Viper”:/tags/f-dash-16+viper -> “F-16 Fighting Falcon”:/tags/f-dash-16+fighting+falcon  
Rationale: Upon reviewing the actual tagging, Fighting Falcon is used instead of Viper, so this will be maintained.

The F/A-18 (Super) Hornet: No changes, as it is the model I used for a guideline.

The F-22 Raptor: “F-22”:/tags/f-dash-22 -> “F-22 Raptor”:/tags/f-dash-22+raptor  
Rationale: While there are no images this will affect, it would still be prudent to make this alias given the popularity of this aircraft.

The F-35 Lightning II: “F-35,”:/tags/f-dash-35 “F-35B Lightning II,”:/tags/f-dash-35b+lightning+ii “F-35C Lightning II”:/tags/f-dash-35c+lightning+ii -> “F-35 Lightning II”:/tags/f-dash-35+lightning+ii  
Rationale: Like the F-4 Phantom II, the II at the end can be kept or dropped, it’s a matter of preference. For accuracy’s sake, I recommend we do it this way.

The F-111 Aardvark: “EF-111 Raven”:/tags/ef-dash-111+raven -> “F-111 Aardvark”:/tags/f-dash-111+aardvark  
Rationale: The Raven is a variant of the Aardvark

The F-117 Nighthawk: “F-117A Nighthawk”:/tags/f-dash-117a+nighthawk -> “F-117 Nighthawk”:/tags/f-dash-117+nighthawk  
Rationale: Removing the model designation to match the standard being used.

A Re-Examination of Russian Aircraft and Reporting Names

The question of how to tag Russian planes is a thorny one. Technically, their official names are merely their designation (ie, Su-27). However, they are all also assigned a NATO reporting name (the Su-27’s is Flanker) which is commonly used in popular culture to refer to these jets. The last time it was discussed, it was decided to stick with merely the official alphanumeric designation. Which is all well and good, except for the Flanker family (Su-27, Su-30, Su-33, Su-35, Su-37). After much reflection on the issue, all of those tags (and anything aliased into them) should all be aliased into “flanker (aircraft)” because it is nearly impossible to tell any two of them apart, and tagging enforcement would be impossible.
Background Pony #7D76
(I have no idea why some of the links are working and others aren’t, the formatting is identical)
RIP

Your browser/system/computer seems to have used curly quotes rather than straight quotes, where straight quotes are the character used to mark links.

I fixed your links and a couple typos:

The F-4 Phantom: F-4J Phantom, F-4X Phantom, f-4 phantom -> F-4 Phantom II
Rationale: Since the “II” is technically in the name, I see no reason not to include it in the tag.
The F-5 Tiger: F-5 Tiger -> F-5 Tiger II
F-20 implies F-5 Tiger II
Rationale: The F-20 Tigershark is a later development on an identical airframe. I am choosing to imply here since it is only used by one person for their OC in particular, and I’m feeling merciful on the issue. An alias is technically proper.
The F-14 Tomcat: F-14 -> F-14 Tomcat
The F-15 Eagle: F-15, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-15J -> F-15 Eagle
Implication: F-15S+, F-15S, F-15 Active, -> F-15 Eagle
Rationale: Standard designation+name example, the Strike Eagle is similar enough to be aliased in, but the Active is different enough to be separate. The Active also represents over half of Derpi’s (currently tagged) images of F-15 Eagles.
The F-16 Fighting Falcon: F-16, F-16 Viper -> F-16 Fighting Falcon
Rationale: Upon reviewing the actual tagging, Fighting Falcon is used instead of Viper, so this will be maintained.
The F/A-18 (Super) Hornet: No changes, as it is the model I used for a guideline.
The F-22 Raptor: F-22 -> F-22 Raptor
Rationale: While there are no images this will affect, it would still be prudent to make this alias given the popularity of this aircraft.
The F-35 Lightning II: F-35, F-35B Lightning II, F-35C Lightning II -> F-35 Lightning II
Rationale: Like the F-4 Phantom II, the II at the end can be kept or dropped, it’s a matter of preference. For accuracy’s sake, I recommend we do it this way.
The F-111 Aardvark: EF-111 Raven -> F-111 Aardvark
Rationale: The Raven is a variant of the Aardvark
The F-117 Nighthawk: F-117A Nighthawk -> F-117 Nighthawk
Rationale: Removing the model designation to match the standard being used.

I’m just assisting, I have no opinion on the tags in question
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide