"Excessive Variation" Tag

Tagging Discussion » "Excessive Variation" Tag Search Posts
Background Pony #87BE
I would like to propose an “excessive variation” tag or some other tag to denote images that have a large quantity of alternative versions. This would allow for filtering images that you normally would love to see, but don’t wanna see 20+ copies of:

(NSFW thumbs)  
full
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
If it were added to the alternatives only, that would be very handy for filtering - people could filter this tag and see the first and only the first image in the set and the rest would be discoverable but normally hidden.
Background Pony #87BE
@Derpy Whooves  
I’m thinking maybe start tagging it after the 4th or 5th upload, since 1-3 alternative versions is pretty normal and not annoying. Showing a few of them gives enough variety. But having literally dozens is kinda annoying and floods out everything else.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
90+ Versions…  

I agree with a tag in concept, but for some reason am a little iffy on it. Maybe because I fear people tagging it on any alt version they don’t want to see/others missing versions they do want to see cause they have the tag hidden if it’s just tied to upload order. I dunno.

Would mitigate the issue of too many alt versions counting towards a milestone badge, I guess.
Background Pony #87BE
@Dragonpone  
My suggestion would be to just tag it past the first five uploads, based on count. Unless the artist wants to showcase five specific variants or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide