Do we have a plan for what to do about the serial tag vandalizer on rape images?

JP
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The magic's gone :-(
@Toksyuryel
Considering the number of anonymous tag edits absolutely dwarfs non-anonymous tag edits (with Zeb being the exception), blocking BPs from editing tags would not be very smart.

Reporting tag vandalizers is the best option.
Posted Report
Background Pony #AFCC
@JP
It's not possible to report people who don't have an account to report. And I'm only suggesting blocking anonymous tag edits on the affected images, not site-wide.
Posted Report
JP
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The magic's gone :-(
@Toksyuryel
Of course it's possible to report them. You report the image, then put "a BP is vandalizing the tags in this image and in images X, Y and Z" in the explanation.

And how would the site know what images are "affected" and block anonymous editing? How would it know that these tag edits are vandalism? The only way would be a mod to mark the image as affected, and mods can't do that if they don't know about the situation. The only way they know is if you… report the image.
Posted Report
Toksyuryel
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@JP
It feels super weird to report the image for something a user is doing. It would be nice to have better options for things like this. And "the affected images" is all images with the rape tag on them. I am fairly certain the mods are already aware of the problem anyway, since I've seen them correcting the tags. I started this thread to try to find an actual solution to the problem so that constantly fixing the tags stops being a thing that keeps having to happen. "report them" isn't a solution, because that won't stop it from continuing to happen. They are anonymous, they don't have an account and they can easily just get a new ip address.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links

Site Moderator
友情は魔法だ🧚
@Toksyuryel
By reporting the image, you let us know that they've found a way back onto the site and give us a starting point to follow the bread crumbs to find any new damage they've done or insults they've left on images. It really is helpful, and is the best way to help us watch for them finding a way back onto the site.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Kilian Art Commissions!

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~