Coronavirus fan creation implications

Tagging Discussion » Coronavirus fan creation implications Search Posts
Background Pony #97A1
oc:corona chan implies-> coronavirus  
(corona chan is a character design circulating the internet as an embodiment of SARS-CoV-2)

oc:porona implies-> coronavirus  
(porona is a pony-specific character design somewhat different than corona chan)  
BTW, almost all images with oc:porona are also being tagged oc:corona chan although they depict only one design, do you agree with my opinion that they are distinct and should be separate, or do you see oc:porona as a subset of oc:corona chan and should also carry that implication?

povid-19 implies-> coronavirus  
(I am not sure what the purpose of this tag is but it is in use, also I am not sure what separates covid-19 from coronavirus in use on this site so I’m not comfortable recommending an alias)
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
I’ll hold off on anything just yet, but if the first two suggestions are given implications, they should probably have covid-19 and coronavirus, if the tags are to remain seperate.

I guess I’d have to look into it a bit more, but it seems like they’re different characters? It doesn’t seem like an oc:hide situation, since the latter pony has a different/specific name. Maybe the first design should get oc:corona chan, and the second oc:porona. Some variant of “corona pony” could be carried on all tags if need be.

My opinion would be just remove/alias povid-19. I’ll wait on other opinions, though.
Blackie Wiremane
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Kody's dark side
@Dragonpone  
I feel myself a little guilty for invading with oc:corona chan into oc:porona, though I just followed the trend.

After more introspection into tag relations, I think we need some tag like “coronavirus ponification” (its alias may be “corona pony”), implied by both oc:corona chan and oc:porona (and carried by images under that tags), and oc:porona must be stripped of the oc:corona chan tag, because she looks indeed a character on her own.

As to povid-19, I think it may imply covid-19, but it also requires that either the pathogen or the sick must be a pony (i. e., minus EG-/Human-verse).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide