"Coronavirus" and "Covid-19" tags should be aliased to each other.

N2MP

I know the 19 in Covid-19 is because Coronavirus was a thing before 2019, but not as serious as it is now, but anyone referencing it in art is talking about the current pandemic. So it seems a little unnecessary to have two separate tags for the exact same thing.

Aliasing would only become a problem in the future if we cure Covid-19, then have a new pandemic with a Covid-21 or whatever year it resurges.
Kincyr
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Non-Fudgsicle Token
is it really the same thing? COVID is an acronym for COronaVIrus Disease which is more of an end result, not unlike how HIV causes AIDS but the two are seen as separate things.

the tl;dr is that carriers can have HIV without AIDS or Coronavirus without COVID-19
N2MP

@Kincyr  
Fair enough, but this isn’t some historical science site. It’s images about pastel horses. I don’t think there’s any real harm in making them interchangeable if it helps people find/hide it more easily.

Maybe it would help if it had a different name like HIV and AIDS. Just think it sounds a little silly to say you can have Corona without actually having Corona.
Kincyr
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Non-Fudgsicle Token
@N2MP  
you make a fair point regarding interchangeability for ease-of-use’s sake.  
plus, after rereading the OP, I feel that I have to point out that I must’ve misread aliased as implied (likely due to “each other” in the thread title throwing me off). that said, I don’t think aliasing Covid-19 into Coronavirus should cause any trouble whatsoever
N2MP

@Kincyr

Well, your original point about one being an end result still stands, as right now Covid-19 implies Coronavirus, but not the other way around. So anyone using covid is going to have both tags, but anyone using corona is only going to have the one tag. Despite that, corona is the more populated tag anyway.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
We have implications currently. Do note that “coronavirus” is actually a virus family, much like “flu virus”. While there’s one main flu a year, they’re not the same from year to year. There are coronaviruses which are relatively harmless, unlike COVID-19, and there may be ones in the future that are bad but different.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide