Cleopatra Jazz, Josephine Baker, and Chiquita Banana should both imply each other

Napsack
Typically turned to the funny pages - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

why
@Zharkaer  
If it’s the person the character is based on, doesn’t that still mean it should be tagged on images featuring the character, seeing as it’s technically a ponification of that person and therefore a representation of them?
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Zharkaer  
Since when are we tagging based on?

She doesn’t imply Lady Gaga  
He doesn’t imply Weird Al Yankovic

I haven’t watched the episode, but unless this is actually canonically meant to be the person Josephine Baker, and I highly doubt that, it should not have that tag.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@patec  
Ok so PSA, please don’t use “triggered” flippantly. Trigger phenomena are vastly different from getting (suddenly or not) irked, offended, annoyed, angry, or uncomfortable. The internet is already teeming with misguided and malicious misuse of the word, which is actually harmful to people who have genuine trigger phenomena, including me and various friends of mine.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@saby  
I honestly don’t care what you think triggered is supposed to mean and what not.  
For me it’s a universal word. I learned it as the English translation to the German word “auslösen/ausgelöst”, and that’s a universal word for anything that happens.  
I do not tie it to any mental disorder or whatever.  
Like it or not.
Solitude
Element of Generosity -

@patec  
As far as I can tell the pony was inspired by Josephine Baker.  
The mare seen walking by in the nightclub scene is a ponified Josephine Baker, from having the same Eton Crop hairstyle of her mane to wearing the same kind of earrings. She even has bananas for a cutie mark to reference her banana skirt.

And I agree with your stance on not tagging “based on”. Though there are a few images where she’s drawn to resemble Josephine Baker.

She’s still unnamed on the wiki (ctrl + f dungeons and discords). I recall seeing a discussion on one of her images about the name. Some wanted to go with the banana name because of her cutie mark and the name being recognizable, others wanted the jazz name because that seemed more fitting for a 1920’s nightclub pony.

If you look at the tag change page you’ll see it’s two users apparently pushing the names.

On a similar note there’s Betty Hoof who gets tagged Betty Boop and ponified because she’s apparently inspired by the character.

Incidentally: why does Betty Boop have a colored tag? I thought those were for MLP characters only?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@patec  
You’re right that it is the direct translation, but for a native speaker it would be really odd to say “this triggers me” unless they meant a panic attack or a traumatic flashback or persistent self-destructive/eating-disordered/obsessive-compulsive thoughts–or wanted to ridicule and erase such people. Otherwise it’d make much more sense to say either ‘this triggers great anger in me” (or whatever) or use one of the dozens of English idioms for such feelings. “This really rustles my jimmies/pisses me off/raises my heckles” and their ilk.

I can’t really make you change your stance but if you insist on using the phrase you risk sounding like someone who doesn’t speak English that well, or, given your prowess, a dickwad who’s decided that people who speak for trigger warnings and so on are vain selfish whiners.
patec

@Solitude  
Yeah, ok. I already assumed it’s some competing fanon names.  
But in the end we should agree on only one of them anyway, and I’d very much prefer if it was not one that’s already the name of someone/something else.  
So personally I would go with the Jazz name and remove the others.  
If none of the other staff members disagrees I will go and do that.

As for Betty Boop: Good question.. This shouldn’t be in the character category.  
I’m probably gonna remove it.

@saby  
Sorry, but the honest truth is I literally couldn’t care any less about these semantics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Closing