'blinking' should imply 'eyes closed'

Shayzorr
Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Emerald -
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Probably unnecessary. Blinking mostly makes sense with animation, and out of 1198 pictures tagged with blinking only 27 do not also have the animated tag. And most of those blinks should be winks instead, or removed entirely.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Shayzorr  
Wouldn’t that mean it makes more sense if most blinking images are animated? Then you can see that at a point the eyes are closed. And fixing the tags on those 27 only 2 actually had blinking in them(the rest were either winking, neither, or eyes half/fully closed in a screencap, which afaik are tagged lidded eyes/eyes closed respectively since that’s what they are like at the moment.) and the 2 left also had closed eyes.
Shayzorr
Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Emerald -
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

@Dragonpone  
I don’t know. Animated entries are going to be buried in tags if we start frame-by-frame tagging.

Wink -> one eye closed I can understand since it is sometimes difficult to know whether a static picture is showing a pony who is winking, or a pony who is keeping one eye closed for whatever reason. I usually go by wink if the character is in eye contact with someone (including the viewer), and one eye closed when not.

The act of blinking includes both open and closed eyes, true. But it feels a bit like having implications for car -> wheel, tire, windshield, door, etc. Blinking already covers both states.

A bit it depends on how the tagging system is to be used. Do we tag everything in a picture, or do we try to limit things to relevant tags (however we determine them)? Celestia knows there are hundreds of superfluous tags. May she forgive me, for certainly I have also been guilty of using them.

Offtopic, where is that avatar from, if I may ask? I smile whenever I see it.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Shayzorr  
I will say you do make a good point. What to tag is a big gray area, technically every article of clothing someone is wearing in an image could be tagged but most either don’t bother or tag it when it’s one of the few things in the picture or if it’s an important part of the image. I’ve done tagging like that as well.

I still think it should be implied since by definition blinking involves closing your eyes, but I see where you’re coming from, over-tagging can be a problem for some tags and especially since it might only last a frame or two. Wouldn’t mind it either way.

And thank you about the avatar!~ It’s not from anything, I made it. Partially because I couldn’t find the kind of thing I wanted.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Rejected