Alias "eyes hidden" and "hidden eye" to "hidden eyes," plus two relevant hair tags

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

eyes hidden & hidden eyehidden eyes

Along with a description explaining how that’s different from hair over eyes and hair over one eye. And links sending people to the tags they’re actually supposed to use. Something like this?

hidden eyes: A character whose eyes are hidden by something other than their hair. For eyes hidden by hair or mane, use hair over eyes instead. If only one eye is hidden by hair or mane, use hair over one eye instead.

hair over eyes: A character with both eyes hidden by their hair or mane. If only one eye is hidden, use hair over one eye instead. If their eyes (singular or plural) are hidden by something else, use hidden eyes instead.

hair over one eye: A character with one eye hidden by their hair or mane. If both eyes are hidden, use hair over eyes instead. If their eyes (singular or plural) are hidden by something else, use hidden eyes instead.

And here’s an example of “hidden eyes” that’s neither hair tag;

Background Pony #64AB
What if the eye is only partially obscured by hair? Is it still “hair over one eye”?
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #64AB  
I hadn’t thought about that, but I feel it should be—because there aren’t ‘partially hidden’ tags from the looks of it. That doesn’t look like a tag that needs to be created to me either, but I’ll leave that decision to people with more experience than I have. I’ve not even been on the forums for six months.

Your comment did make me wonder how my request interacts with eye clipping through hair though. Maybe there should be yet another ‘use this tag instead’ line in the description; something like this?

If their eyes (singular or plural) are visible through their hair, use eye clipping through hair instead.

That tag itself likely doesn’t need clarification about the other three tags.

This is still a discussion thread, so if someone has suggestions for better descriptions or any input, they’re welcome.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Done (aliasing only)