A question about "males only"

Labra
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Bi bird horse
Hey!  
From what I understand males only is supposed to be used in the same way as females only for male characters, specifically that it shouldn’t be used when the males are sexually interacting with each other since that would instead just be tagged as “gay”. If that’s the case would it be possible to adjust the disclaimer in the tag description in a similar fashion to “females only” to represent that? Like its counterpart it often (I’d even say mostly) doesn’t get used in the way it seems to be intended and it would be nice to have something definitive to point at when people re-add the tag even though it was removed multiple times.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Swore it had that already. Well, anyway, added.

And also a lot of people probably re-add the tag as they don’t know how to filter. That’s no excuse tho, just makes it worse. But I hope this helps.
Background Pony #396F
@Labra  
What about if an image has two stallions fucking while a mare watches? Wouldn’t that also be tagged as gay?
Labra
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Bi bird horse
@LightningBolt  
It’s being used as a catch-all for any image with only male characters, really. It usually just gets used alongside gay when those posts should actually just be tagged as gay. Some people have even started using it instead of solo male for some reason. I’d go as far as to say that of all the images tagged with males only it only actually applies in maybe 20% of cases, probably even far less.

At this point it’s a cycle. People started using it in the non-intended way and now those images make up the majority of the content under this tag which, in turn, leads to even more people using it like that because they see all those posts that shouldn’t even be there in the first place and just roll with it. At least that’s what I could gather from some of the DMs I’ve sent (or received) after I removed that tag only for it to be re-added again. I mean I can’t blame them since I would’ve also assumed males only was just an umbrella term for images featuring only male characters if it wasn’t for the tag description and, granted, it was a bit too ambiguous before, but I get the feeling that a lot of people don’t read those anyway.

I’ve been doing clean-up on new images for a few months now, even before you changed the description (Thanks for that by the way, that was really fast!) and after you did I started going a bit further back earlier today but I’d say there’s probably well over 2000 posts that would need “scrubbing” and that could take me quite a while to say the least. And from what I can tell females only seems to have a similar problem.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Labra  
Ah, fun. I’ve been meaning to clean these up too but I haven’t had the time to spend looking at each image as it’s not easy to do quickly.
Background Pony #396F
Is there any way to search for images that only include male characters, regardless of what those males are doing? Something like males only OR (gay AND NOT gay in front of girls) seems needlessly messy, and it still doesn’t work because of images like >>2608577.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide